free website stats program Hello - New Guy Here | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello - New Guy Here

Strike5

Just joined up - I'm a 50 yr old ex toolmaker, current IT guy & student (yeah, I had a little stroke or something & decided to finish college).

A friend is building a trike with a '75 Sportster frame in front of a Servicar back-half. This trike is so cool it's got me looking around for a complete Servicar myself. The fabrication work is first rate, he's through mock-up, powdercoat-paint-&-chrome, & is now assembling the nearly completed trike. Skilled as he is (35+ yrs as an engineering machinist/fabricator), my friend has little patience for tasks like wiring & that was holding up the assembly so I went over today to help with that.

We have no harness, we're working with a Sportster schematic, spools of wire, solder, a bag of heat-shrink, & limited electrical skills - thought I'd check around & see what kind of Trike Wiring for Idiots resources might be available. We'll get there in any case, but I'm at a point where I'm ready to (EDIT) - so we're looking for trike schematics, whatever gauge tables might help, etc.

Any help with that?

Thanks much.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the "BEST on the NET" The rules are what makes this forum great. You will find alot of advice and tips in the Self Help Section. Enjoy your stay.....

Hello and welcome.
You might want to purchase a Servicar Service Manual and improvise on the electrical from the past and bring them up to at least the late 1980's. As for attempting to use a Tri-glide versions with electronics wouldn't work.
Wire gauges: Smaller the number the larger the wire and larger the number the smaller the wire. Fuses, don't forget them.

Welcome to the site,

Wiring is pretty simple, depending what stuff is going on the bike. You can always buy a wiring harness from an aftermarket co, and modifiy to fit. I ussually wire my own. One rule I stick too is KISS "Keep It Simple Stupid" and that keeps me from losing more hair

HB

Back