free website stats program Hello, I ride 2014 FLhtk ultra limited , S&S cams ,v&h pipes, fuel mgmt, mono tubes, 944, | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello, I ride 2014 FLhtk ultra limited , S&S cams ,v&h pipes, fuel mgmt, mono tubes, 944,

Doctwin

Just got bike back from 15000 mile service, the primary had syn 3 put in it instead of primary lube, which they do because it supposedly quiets the case? Anyway after 450 miles yesterday had noise and clutch hang up, fairly noticeable. So I went and changed it to redline primary fluid. No everything is back to normal again -seems odd to me. All I can say is it seems primary fluid from whoever works better than syn 3. Not bashing the product at all, just the application maybe. Just letting anyone else know!

Welcome from Wisconsin.My experience with Syn3 was the compensator sounded like a bucket of bolts at idle.Replaced it with Mobil1 V-twin 20w50.Don't hear it anymore.33,000 on Mine.

Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa.;)
I also changed primary fluid from what I usually have used in past Spectro to Harley formula plus and am having some clutch issues.
Think its time to try that Redline stuff myself.............:D

I experimented and went away from my typical Redline in all holes and gave syn3 a go. Lasted 1500 miles went back to Redline... things quieted down. Not bashing syn3 my brother runs it in his EG. To each his own.

Welcome to The Forum
Oil is like a religion, but once you find what works for , stick with it
It is your ride you decide :)

Redline in all 3 holes for me now. Mobile vtwin made the top end really noisy on my bike . I put less than 500 miles on it and got that junk out. Much much quieter now. ;)

Back