free website stats program Hello from the Missouri Ozarks | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello from the Missouri Ozarks

ozarksrider

Hello to All;
I'm a mid 60s retired guy, grew up riding and building bikes in the 60s and 70s, when we were long on wild ideas...and short on practical engineereing. I had a '48 Panhead for years,and we both went through alot of changes.
I quit riding in '79 when I went to work in a DOD development lab, I had the opportunity to work with some brilliant folks. I know my way around machining,and understand engineering.
Picked up a tired '92 Heritage a couple years ago, and have completely rebuilt it stem to stern. I like the EVO era Harley's, as it's similar....sort of to the pans, knuckles I cut my teeth on. That said, there was quite a shock, and learning curve between the old stuff and what to me was "space age" on the EVO. I guess what struck me most is how much high tech has changed Harleys.. Almost all the maintenance,and tweaks we did...and enjoyed as part of riding has been taken over by modules and idiot lights.
I started a EVO era scratch build. The drive-train consists of a S&S V96, Baker DD6 tranny, BDL belt drive, and a Kraftech Softail frame. I've decided to build using all OEM genuine Harley parts, mostly because I'm familiar with them, and other than the tanks, fenders, seat and some piddlies have got enough to start fitting and mocking up.
My goal is to build 70's simple. No unnecessary wiring, do dads etc.
I'm here to ask and learn, chime in if I have something to contribute, and maybe make a friend or two... my philosophy is that the only stupid question is the one not asked. Happy Trails!!

Back