free website stats program Hello from Texas and Plz Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello from Texas and Plz Help

If the bike sat for a long time you probably need to pull the carb. and clean it. Could also be a bad vacuum line from carb. to the pet cock. Does it have a security/alarm system on it? Glad you got it started though, even if just for a short time.
tourbox

If the bike sat for a long time you probably need to pull the carb. and clean it. Could also be a bad vacuum line from carb. to the pet cock. Does it have a security/alarm system on it? Glad you got it started though, even if just for a short time.
tourbox
Thanx toolbox I've been working on it as I can. It did sit for awhile I cleaned carb changed fluids and will run couple minutes but plugs start to foul, I changed them and same prob basically clean and repeat....I cleaned carb but can't get small pilot out

The small pilot jet is probably your problem. Turn it upside down and fill the hole/shaft with penetrating oil and let it sit/soak over night. You may need to refill a few times. With a small screw driver give it a quick twist to loosen, if the slot for the screw driver isn't completely gone. A small 1/4 hammer driver may also help. If those don't work try to use compressed air and blow form bottom a few times. After that use carb or brake cleaner to spray into it and watch the throat for fluid discharge. It's better if you can get it out to clean.
tourbox

I figured as much, I was dreading pulling cables off again there such a pain in my (EDIT) to remove thanks again for the help. I like to work on all my own stuff as much as possible. I think I enjoy that almost as much as riding lol

Tourbox, I can see it squirting fuel when I try and start her, do you still think it's that small jet?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you pull you cables off are you placing all the slack in them at the throttle tube end? If not, you should, it makes it easier.
tourbox

Tourbox Thanx for talking with me earlier. I fixed valve piston cleaned everything and put it back together and was running great just needed to adjust card for idle and...then it blew carb of bike when backfired..even blew fuel line off! I didn't have breather on so all that was holding it was the boot and cables of course

Sounds like you're almost there. Loose carb can blow off when backfire occurs. Make sure you have a small amount of slack in cables when adjusted. Did you get the jet out? Glad I could help.
tourbox

I just replaced CV carb vacuum slide...I couldn't get cables off...I'm gonna have to come back to that one the petcock is leaking fuel now down the side of heads.... debating on scraping the whole vacuum lines....

Back