free website stats program hello fellows...new here && need help | Harley Davidson Forums

hello fellows...new here && need help

link

joined up to get help from experts (like you guys) w/my 99 lowrider project....it went under in hurricane katrian in 05'....i took it all apart, cleaned out everything, (i mean i took apart EVERYTHING :good) put it together, took it apart again and stretch the down tubs 3" and backbone 1.5"....i need a front end now...any suggestions....waiting to hear from all of you guys...

link :help

Can you give us a tad bit more of what is or you want it to be ?

I.e. you have 3 inch over front tubes (correct?) what mm are they ?

Do you (or don't you) have any trees ?

What about wheel etc ?

I think he means that he stretched the frame down tubes 3", and stretched the frame backbone 1 1/2". The question I have is what is the neck angle and if he wants a springer of hydraulic front end? If the neck angle has been changed what type triple trees will he use? If he uses racked trees and he knowes the neck angle we can determine how long the front end needs to be.

@glider, @HDDon, & @R_W_B...thx for the reply

@glider - you are right, i really do need to calculate the changes i made to the frame

@HDDon - I do want to use my original tree but i am thinking of a springer front

@R_W_B - i am planning to keep my wheel

I want to raise the front end up 1.5" (meaning the bike will not be level, just raised up a little) but i also need to remeasuer the angle again. the original length of the forks are 32". I am looking at 38" to 40" length forks.

do you have any suggestion of web sites i can go to...... :glasses

i will up load some pics soon for you to view.....

thx again

link

@glider, @HDDon, & @R_W_B...thx for the reply

@glider - you are right, i really do need to calculate the changes i made to the frame

@HDDon - I do want to use my original tree but i am thinking of a springer front

@R_W_B - i am planning to keep my wheel

I want to raise the front end up 1.5" (meaning the bike will not be level, just raised up a little) but i also need to remeasuer the angle again. the original length of the forks are 32". I am looking at 38" to 40" length forks.

do you have any suggestion of web sites i can go to...... :glasses

i will up load some pics soon for you to view.....

thx again

link

http://www.denverschoppers.com/main_mondo.htm:s

Did you do the tube and backbone welding yourself ? Wondering how you kept the steering head inline.

Anyhow here are some links to help you out.
------------------------------
Here's a link to a rake and trail calculator (scroll down once you get there)
RB Racing Rake and Trail Calculator
-----------------------------
For any length and size tube you need go here,
Tubes from +2" over all the way up to +14" over! They range in price from $228.00 to $380.00 plus shipping, they are offered in chrome finish.
Howard’s Killer Customs
1203 Pine Street
Pine Hill, NJ 08021
888-271-0229
HOWARDS KILLER CUSTOMS
HOWARDS HUBLESS HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE '07
------------------------------
Also raked 49mm Dyna mid glide (not wide glide) trees at,
Accutronix Elite 49mm Raked Triple Trees - ACC-49MM
From what I've heard I wouldn't use raked trees over 3%. It sets up a whole new geometry as you turn. Keep in mind the OEM WideGlide has a 2 degree raked tree and some rake in the steering head also.

AND also
MotorcycleFork Tube Sets
---------
Good luck we want pics as you go along.

thx for the links.....i didnt do the welding myself...i had Iron Horse Cycle do it for me, ...located in Decatur Al

soon i will put pics up so you can view them thx again

Back