free website stats program Hello everyone! | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! I've been riding for about 10 years now (sport bike) and have recently aquired a 2007 fatboy and it Was love at first ride. My father n law purchased this bike some years ago. He had a bad first and second experience. He never got back on and the bike sat for quite a few years. Unfortunately the joy of riding a cruiser was short lived. The gremlins started poking their heads from the bike sitting. Bike ran good for a week then started firing on one cylinder, well spark on both but nothing changes when I unplug the rear cylinder. Can't wait to get her back on the road and make some thunder!!!

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ.

Did you check for any codes? Try the wiggle test on the injector wires, they have been known to break or make poor contact.

If you haven't done it already you may want to change the fluids in all 3 holes.
Add a couple oz of Sea Foam to a full tank of gas to clean out the system,
New plugs may help as well.
Check the tires for dry rot and may be a good idea to change them out.
Just setting ideal for years is the hardest thing and my take a little tender loving care to get it back up to where it should be.
If you have any questions just ask or visit the self help section.
Good luck.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ.

Did you check for any codes? Try the wiggle test on the injector wires, they have been known to break or make poor contact.

If you haven't done it already you may want to change the fluids in all 3 holes.
Add a couple oz of Sea Foam to a full tank of gas to clean out the system,
New plugs may help as well.
Check the tires for dry rot and may be a good idea to change them out.
Just setting ideal for years is the hardest thing and my take a little tender loving care to get it back up to where it should be.
If you have any questions just ask or visit the self help section.
Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions! I have had to clean the tank from sitting up. I haven't tried sea foam yet but I did throw in some marvel mystery oil. I will give what you suggested a go. I've seen that there are various manuals to choose from, should I buy the electrical manual for troubleshooting my issue?

Thanks for the suggestions! I have had to clean the tank from sitting up. I haven't tried sea foam yet but I did throw in some marvel mystery oil. I will give what you suggested a go. I've seen that there are various manuals to choose from, should I buy the electrical manual for troubleshooting my issue?

I would suggest you get the service manual for your model scoot. it should cover most of everything you need.
Sea Foam is a great cleaning product for the fuel system, I run a oz or so every 3rd tank just to keep things clean.

I would suggest you get the service manual for your model scoot. it should cover most of everything you need.
Sea Foam is a great cleaning product for the fuel system, I run a oz or so every 3rd tank just to keep things clean.

I will get the manual as soon as I can, working on a tight budget sucks. I'm sure the issue is minor and I'm kind of glad it isn't intermittent.

Back