free website stats program Hello all..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello all.....

DavidGravely

My names is Dave, I'm from Dublin, VA. I am a US Army veteran, got out in 1998. Spent most of my time either at Fort Richardson, AK or Fort Bragg, NC......but had extended stays in several exotic locations around the world during my time in. After getting out I was involved in a nearly fatal accident which left me having to learn to walk again, which I did, and basically starting my entire life over after a nasty divorce. Proud to report that my Airborne attitude pulled me through, and now I live quite happily with my new wife and four kids (two are mine, two are hers). I bought my first motorcycle at Fort Bragg in 1993. It was a 1984 Honda CM400e. I thought I was king of the world. I had been on motorcycles before, but this was the first one that belonged to ME. I moved up from that one to an Intruder, but I didn't have that one for very long before I had to give it up due to a move ordered by Uncle Sam. After learning to walk again, I treated myself to a 2003 Harley Wide Glide. It was the 100th Anniversary Edition, and I immediately removed the tank and fenders and boxed them up, putting new sheet metal on it that was custom painted. Unfortunately, the wide glide was a little rough on my back at the time, and I wasn't able to ride as much as I wanted. This past spring I finally did the right thing and got a 2002 Road King. I haven't been off of it all summer, and most of the time the wife is on the back with me. Good to meet everyone, and if you're ever going to be going through Dublin, VA let me know.

My names is Dave, I'm from Dublin, VA. I am a US Army veteran, got out in 1998. Spent most of my time either at Fort Richardson, AK or Fort Bragg, NC......but had extended stays in several exotic locations around the world during my time in. After getting out I was involved in a nearly fatal accident which left me having to learn to walk again, which I did, and basically starting my entire life over after a nasty divorce. Proud to report that my Airborne attitude pulled me through, and now I live quite happily with my new wife and four kids (two are mine, two are hers). I bought my first motorcycle at Fort Bragg in 1993. It was a 1984 Honda CM400e. I thought I was king of the world. I had been on motorcycles before, but this was the first one that belonged to ME. I moved up from that one to an Intruder, but I didn't have that one for very long before I had to give it up due to a move ordered by Uncle Sam. After learning to walk again, I treated myself to a 2003 Harley Wide Glide. It was the 100th Anniversary Edition, and I immediately removed the tank and fenders and boxed them up, putting new sheet metal on it that was custom painted. Unfortunately, the wide glide was a little rough on my back at the time, and I wasn't able to ride as much as I wanted. This past spring I finally did the right thing and got a 2002 Road King. I haven't been off of it all summer, and most of the time the wife is on the back with me. Good to meet everyone, and if you're ever going to be going through Dublin, VA let me know.

Hey David , Welcome to the forum. Let me be the first to say THANK YOU for your service! I Wish you all the best with your life ,recovery and the new scoot.

Thank You For Your Service!!! I hope you find peace and calm quiet the rest of your life!
Enjoy those scoots!!!
:wce Ride Safe!!!
wilks3
:USA

Hi Dave - welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to read through this and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

HD Talking Rules - Harley Davidson Community

................................................................................................................

Welcome to The Forum Thank you for your service:wce:rider

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws Thank you for your service. :s

Back