free website stats program Heim joint shifter linkage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heim joint shifter linkage

Sometimes in my mind I think cheaper isn't always better. I bought my linkage from J&P for $49, put it on and that is the end of it. No trips here and there for more parts to finish it off. No time wasted removing and replacing. Gitter her down and ride.
kemo

Thanks, TQ. I like the idea of having the acorns on the same side. I'll finish off the "nice" look here soon. Functionally it works great.

Kemo, I agree, but it's a small project and everything is centrally located. Lowes, HD, Ace are all w/in 3 miles of my home. My HD dealer is a short 15 minute ride from my home. So not a big issue.

Thanks for everyone suggestions.

All in all I'm very happy with the change. Tried it out yesterday and I do think it shifts smoother/easier/more solid, but could be my mind playing games. I put the OEM rod ends in my saddle bag incase someone else needs them while out on the road.

Ride safe and have fun.

had a gentleman from south carolina who makes shifter rods out of 3/8 pollished stainless rods and then turns them down to 5/16,threads the ends,and installs us made heim joints on both ends.charged me $67.00 shipped to the house.heres the pictures.
linkageinstallation.jpg
Linkage2.jpg

had a gentleman from south carolina who makes shifter rods out of 3/8 pollished stainless rods and then turns them down to 5/16,threads the ends,and installs us made heim joints on both ends.charged me $67.00 shipped to the house.heres the pictures.

Any name or web address ?

Back