free website stats program Heet Fuel Additive Info | Harley Davidson Forums

Heet Fuel Additive Info

In very simple terms, HEET is mainly Methanol, otherwise known as Naptha, which is what a Painter might use to thin out Shellac.

ISO-HEET is mainly Isopropanol, otherwise known as Rubbing Alcohol.

Both can be purchased much, much cheaper per ounce at your local Drug Store Chain, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Ethanol also does the same thing as HEET, keeping water in suspension, and allowing it to eventually burn off in the combustion process.

Bob

I have used Seafoam for years in my bikes,trucks and cars and it is one of the best products I have ever used,petrolium based and compatable with all fuels.
Sea Foam Sales Company

Now is maybe a good time to remind folks that are storing a Bike for the winter months: Fill up the tank with Ethanol-Free Gasoline. No worries about Phase separation if you do. Add the recommended amount of whatever fuel additive you wish to choose - Sta-Bil, SeaFoam, MMO, whatever, and you should have no starting issues come spring.

Personally, I've used MMO for the past 45 years, and have never had an issue, so I'll keep doin' it!

Your results may vary!!!:D

Look here for Gas Stations with Ethanol Free fuel:

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Bob

Now is maybe a good time to remind folks that are storing a Bike for the winter months: Fill up the tank with Ethanol-Free Gasoline. No worries about Phase separation if you do. Add the recommended amount of whatever fuel additive you wish to choose - Sta-Bil, SeaFoam, MMO, whatever, and you should have no starting issues come spring.

Personally, I've used MMO for the past 45 years, and have never had an issue, so I'll keep doin' it!

Your results may vary!!!:D

Look here for Gas Stations with Ethanol Free fuel:

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Bob

MMO??? Marvel Mystery Oil??? How much per tank full??? And I checked out your link for Ethanol free gas stations. I live right between Dallas and Ft. Worth. Thousands of gas stations around here and not one on the list. As a matter of fact, the closest one to the Metroplex is at least 60 miles away. :(

MMO??? Marvel Mystery Oil??? How much per tank full??? ... :(

FWIW, I use MMO in the fuel only, not in the oil. I could never “get” the concept of adding something that would “thin” the oil viscosity.

MMO recommends adding 4 ounces per ten gallons, or 0.4 ounces per 1 gallon.

::Marvel Mystery Oil::

For my RKC 6 gallon tank, that would be 0.4 ounces X 6 = 2.4 ounces, which I round out to 3 ounces of MMO per full tank.

My daughter saves me the plastic 6 ounce Baby Juice bottles, and I keep two of them full of MMO in my saddlebag always. I add at the pump, based upon how much fuel I’m adding to the tank.

I've been using it since '67. My Father used it since waaay back when, and he turned me on to it. They used to have little glass bottles that you would mount on a cars firewall, and a hose would run to the Vacuum port of the intake manifold(s). Every time you let up off the gas pedal, a few drops would get sucked in.

I’ve never had a fuel system or valve seat, valve seal issue ever. MMO also keeps injectors clean, etc. Snake Oil? Maybe, but when something works for me, I stick with it. I tend to keep and run bikes up to the +100,000 mile mark, and so far / so good, so I’m a believer.

15,000 Miles/year divided by 40 MPG = 375 gallons of gas/year X 0.4 ounces per Gallon = 150 ounces/year. One Gallon is 128 ounces, and a gallon jug of MMO runs about $22 Bucks. So I use just over a gallon of MMO in the bike per year at 15,000 miles/year average.

I buy it by the Gallon jug, and I figure it costs me about $25 bucks a year for the stuff, which is extremely cheap insurance IMO.

I’m not recommending this, nor promoting it, just telling it like it is. I also use MMO in my riding Mower, Snow Blower, and Tractor. Not in the cars as in the aforementioned schedule, but once a month or so.

Try it for awhile.. see what you think.

Bob

Back