free website stats program Heel Toe Shifter, kinda like a rattlesnake. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel Toe Shifter, kinda like a rattlesnake.

Luv the toe/heel shift. It's one of those things I luv about harleys. You guys with the bad left leg, you didn't hit the same deer I hit, did ya?:bigsmiley31:

2000 + lb German animal. I think it was called a Volkswagon. I just know it hurt like heck and leg has never been the same since.

Last edited:
My heel shifter came off as soon as I got my bike home. I also had the toe shifter shortened ( thanks to bluessman ). made all the differance in the world since I'm vertically challenged (short)

ride to the sun

Had one of those on my old shovel.Wasnt one on my wide glide,and to be honest,much better off without it,kept screwing up when I changed gear.:bigsmiley31:

You Guys are Girls!I thought Harley riders could overcome adversity and adapt
to almost any situation.Plus ,i thought Harleys are good for looking at and heel
and toe shifters look pretty good.Those 2 rubber and shiny chrome bits up
there above those rubber and shiny footboards make a "statement".C'mon,
you've got to admit they add a certain uniqueness to a H-D.

Take 'em off if you don't like them.
(please don't take offence, you're being wound up!)

:bigsmiley6:

LoL, that’s a good one, man from “QUEENsland” callin us girls :khee I think this thread showed most of us like the looks, but are indifferent about it’s convenience. That why Baskin Robins makes 31 flavors,,, something for everyone. :coffee

I'm "adjusting" to my first heel/toe shifter, and have mixed feelings. It's nice at times, but I find the heel shifter tends to get in the way as far as comfort while riding. I also feel I can shift faster with just the toe shifter; probably because I'm more used to it.

I see where H-D has a new shifter that lets the peg fold back out of the way. Was wondering if anyone has tried it yet?
Harley-Davidson | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

Back