free website stats program heel shifter fitment?? | Harley Davidson Forums

heel shifter fitment??

jerrybombard

Hi all,
Just got my 07 RK and love it. It came without the heel shifter and I was wondering do all FL's use the same shifter? IE, can I use a shifter from a FLST etc as a heel for my bike? At the stealership, a RK toe and heel shifter look the same.
Can't imagine the Co having specific shifters, but then again.....
Thanks
Jer

Oh, And I'm looking for tank emblems for the same bike....$65 EACH from the dealer...OUCH.
And, yes, I do know what HD really stands for...

the heel shifter is the same as front on the RK course as said above best place for it is in parts bin .. get one off fleabay to save from the outrageous price of the HD one

Thanks for the info guys,
If these things are such a (EDIT), maybe someone will throw one my way instead of the parts bin? :s
Really, my lovely wife rented me a RK for Valentine day, and that started this whole affair. Of course, it had a heel shifter and I, not ever having used one, didn't use it. But I spoke with 2 friends with RK's and they both loved them. So, while I had that RK, I gave it a try and it was OK. I can see where it would get it in the way. And I have seen the folding ones, but don't care for them.
Now that I have my own RK, I just thought it looked kinda funny with the naked splined stub sticking out and decided to try and find one. I have seen a cover for that and that may be a nice little project for me to make. Maybe I could move the shifter out a bit and put a spacer in there to take up the space.
Then I saw one for $15 and thought about buying it but it specifies a FLST style shifter and just don't know if they are the same as my heel shifter. Can anyone say for sure if the shifters are the same or not for softails and RKs?
thanks
Jer

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i love the heel shifter on my road king,

BUT

I hated the short stock one, so i put on a 2 3/4 inch longer heel shifter made by kuryakin, was still 75 bucks but now i have plenty of foot room on the running board and the rear shifter keeps my heel off the primary cover.

I wasn't used to the heel shifter when I first got my Street Glide, and thought about taking it off. Now that I've gotten used to it, I really like using it. I did put on the Harley shifter that is hinged so I can push the lever out of the way to give more room for my foot, which is really nice.

Thanks for the info guys,
If these things are such a (EDIT), maybe someone will throw one my way instead of the parts bin? :s
Really, my lovely wife rented me a RK for Valentine day, and that started this whole affair. Of course, it had a heel shifter and I, not ever having used one, didn't use it. But I spoke with 2 friends with RK's and they both loved them. So, while I had that RK, I gave it a try and it was OK. I can see where it would get it in the way. And I have seen the folding ones, but don't care for them.
Now that I have my own RK, I just thought it looked kinda funny with the naked splined stub sticking out and decided to try and find one. I have seen a cover for that and that may be a nice little project for me to make. Maybe I could move the shifter out a bit and put a spacer in there to take up the space.
Then I saw one for $15 and thought about buying it but it specifies a FLST style shifter and just don't know if they are the same as my heel shifter. Can anyone say for sure if the shifters are the same or not for softails and RKs?
thanks
Jer

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Jerry...PM me your address and I will send you one that has never been used. I always take them off first thing.

No charge...beat that...

Back