free website stats program Heel or toe shift?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel or toe shift??

I thought I would love the heel and toe shifter on my 09 Road Glide since I really like the one on my 05 Goldwing. However, my Goldwing has pegs and I found using the heel shifter on the Road Glide which has floorboards to be cumbersome. I also kept hitting the heel peg whenever I tried to move my foot around so I removed it.

first test ride on my classic, i couldn't get my toe under the toe shifter, by the end of the block i was comfy with the heal shift. Ive since lowered the toe shifter more(so i don't have to lift the foot at all). I only use the heal shift for shifting up. I like the heal action.

Heel toe shift on both bikes '94 FLSTC, 05 FLTRI. Put the extended heel shift lever on both bikes.

Love the heel shift - I find it less cumbersome than trying to fit my boot under the toe shifter - one quick bang with the heel and you're in the next gear!

This is my first bike with heel shifter and I like it. I did however move it down so it doesn't stick up so high, much more comfortable.

I use the heel shift to upshift now that I'm use to it. I ride to work in my business attire and it saves the top of the wingtips.

This is my first bike with a heel shifter. I use it and love it. I don't want to go back to only toe shifting.

With the heal toe shifter its much easier to up shift and yor foot never really leaves the floorboard.

Its a love/hate relationship... I love the heal shifter when I don't have boots on, I hate it when I catch my pants leg on it when I put my left foot down... I did get an extended lever from WaltersWorkshop.com and I really like it - the standard one kept me from being able to use the whole floorboard - I can move my foot around more now.

Back