free website stats program Heavy Breather for touring models w/ lowers | Harley Davidson Forums

Heavy Breather for touring models w/ lowers

B-1B_Guy

Hey all,

Just FYI....MOCO finally came out with a heavy breather for scoots w/ lowers.

Screamin' Eagle® Street Legal "Heavy Breather" Performance Air Cleaner Kit - Chrome

This high-flow forward-facing exposed element Air Cleaner Kit is sure to turn heads at the starting line. Featuring a polished and chrome-plated elbow, this unique air cleaner system offers improved performance and air flow when compared to the stock or Screamin' Eagle® High Flow air cleaner. The washable and re-chargeable filter features a bright chrome end cap with a laser-engraved Screamin' Eagle® logo. Intake tube and back plate are made from die cast lightweight aluminum, and are polished and chrome-plated or painted black for a brilliant finish. The back plate features integral breathers and sealed breather bolt plug. Kit includes a water-repellent rain sock and all mounting hardware. All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately).

28716-10

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '08-later Touring models equipped with Fairing Lower Glove Boxes. Street legal when used with Original Equipment throttle body.

MSRP US $299.95

Hey Guys Quick question we have a 2010 Street Glide and we want to put a heavy breather on our bike. Question is do we really have to do the download if we are running stock exhaust. What do you think?

They will adjust some but if you open the exhaust you need some more fuel being they are EPA lean to start with.

Says for '08 and later. What's the difference between the '07 and the '08 induction wise?

wasn't the 08's set up for the fly by wire system and the 07 wasn't???

You're correct there. They also went to a 6 gallon tank and the air cleaner is a little different but I'm curious if the bolt pattern changed between 07/08 where everything bolts to the throttle body.

Hey Guys Quick question we have a 2010 Street Glide and we want to put a heavy breather on our bike. Question is do we really have to do the download if we are running stock exhaust. What do you think?
In the last issue of Hot Bike Magazine, they had a Harley dealer in California do a stage I with air cleaner and pipes, and they stated in there that you did not need a download of ECM change. I am running slip ons (Rolling Thunder) and the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather, and I have no download, and my bike runs fine. I have ordered a Power Commander V because I am putting a 2-1 Bassani Road Rage pipe on, and I want to tune the ECM for the max power for the upgrade. My bike runs great right now, and I can't wait to juice it up with the 2 into 1 pipe and a power commander. I should get about 20 total horsepower when all is said and done. Good Luck!!!

DEFINATELY!!!

The stock MAP is way too lean to begin with and the extra airflow will only make that worst.

The real question is whether you go with the $150 dealer download or spend $450 and get a tuner so that you can adjust it correctly. The dealer download is a generic one-size-fits-all MAP that is a 75% solution. With the tuner you get MAPs that are a lot closer to your set up and have the ablility to tweek them to get them right.

You really are getting what you pay for.

Dont get the $150.00 download, buy the race tuner ,install 211 SC cams,have the SC heads reworked,and go 11:01 comp. scorpion clutch. and then try to hold on.. :)

Back