Heavy breather and fairing lowers

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by MrFah, Sep 13, 2009.

1. MrFah

MrFah Member

Is it not possible to use both the Heavy Breather and fairing lowers on my Road Glide Custom? HD parts guy says the lowers block the air to the Breather and I also was wondering if there is even room for the breather with the lowers because of it's length.

Thanks

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

The nomenclature I just read said "does not fit models with lower fairing glove boxs". I would think that means it would hit, I've never seen them on a bagger so I don't know.
    As for the air being blocked, yea behind the lowers is probably a dead air area, so you would not get all the advantages of flowing air, but air would not be "blocked" to the filter. Looks kinda pricey to me for a k&n on a tube.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I just re-read the nomenclature. Nowhere does it say "k&n" filter, my bad if it's a different manufacturer.

4. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

MOCO just came out with a Heavy Breather for models w/ lowers. I have it on my bike and it works great.

28716-10

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '08-later Touring models equipped with Fairing Lower Glove Boxes. Street legal when used with Original Equipment throttle body.

MSRP US $299.95

5. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

As said there is a new one that will clear the glove boxs just came out about month ago

6. MrFah

MrFah Member

Thanks sure appreciate it.

The reason I would consider the Heavy Breather is that I believe they boast an almost 13 hp gain. Is this possible? I know K&N does for sure boast this gain on their HB type system.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009