free website stats program Heavy air breather. | Harley Davidson Forums

Heavy air breather.

navydad

Let me start by saying I have learned a lot from this site and appreciate everyones expertise.
I bought the HD heavy air breather for my 2010 UC. Does the ECM module need to be reprogamed before I ride it or can I do the istall myself and ride about 50 miles to the dealer. I intend to get a TFI and change out the stock pipes but probably not until spring time next year.

You can change the breather or the pipes and not need a tune. If you change both you will need to be tuner. Stay away from the SE Street tuner. Dealer I deal with won't even sell them. They recommend the Master Tune.

Let me start by saying I have learned a lot from this site and appreciate everyones expertise.
I bought the HD heavy air breather for my 2010 UC. Does the ECM module need to be reprogamed before I ride it or can I do the istall myself and ride about 50 miles to the dealer. I intend to get a TFI and change out the stock pipes but probably not until spring time next year.

As the guys above have said, you will be fine with just the A/C change. And your plan for the Spring sounds like a good one!!

TQ

Don't want to rob this thread but....I purchased a SE Ventilator air cleaner for my 2011 SG / 103 with Fatshotz and haven't installed becuase I thought I needed to add a tuner at the same time.

Could this be something I could install over the long weekend with no worries?

Don't want to rob this thread but....I purchased a SE Ventilator air cleaner for my 2011 SG / 103 with Fatshotz and haven't installed becuase I thought I needed to add a tuner at the same time.

Could this be something I could install over the long weekend with no worries?

If changing just the exhaust or intake alone you will be fine. Doing both you will need to add more fuel.

can u get by with a heavy air cleaner yes.....as posted above...but will u feel the effects of the better flowing air .....not much until u add a fuel(TFI highly recommended) add exhaust and get the full effect

I have the Heavy Breather, V&H Big radius pipes and the race Tuner and haven't ha any problems (yet). What kind of problems do the H-D tuners have?

Harley Heavy Breather is a pretty nice setup...high air flow and better knee clearance are performance wise it's best attributes...and the looks leaning more to performance though you can get end cap for more *bling*

tn526s3.jpg

As for HD tuner performance, they work okay but are met to return A/F mixture to EPA & legal specifications. And Dyno tuning with wide open throttle runs and such is hard on new engines. There are better alternatives like TFI by Techclusion that allows user to do the deed for about $250 to the nominal A/F mixture whether you do the A/C only, Exhaust mods only or both at the same time and not have to go to the dealer 2 or 3 times.:D

Back