free website stats program Heated stuff works great | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated stuff works great

Daytrip

I rode today--30 degrees and not a ray of sunshine. It was cold. But I was not. I wore my Walls Blizzard Pruf overalls over my jeans; my Harley heated jacket liner under my leather jacket; heated gloves, and I was warm. I mean warm--not just comfortable!

I love riding in the cold weather--when there's no ice. The heated stuff makes it possible to ride down in the 20's while staying comfortable. I recommend the stuff.

Alan

I rode today--30 degrees and not a ray of sunshine. It was cold. But I was not. I wore my Walls Blizzard Pruf overalls over my jeans; my Harley heated jacket liner under my leather jacket; heated gloves, and I was warm. I mean warm--not just comfortable!

I love riding in the cold weather--when there's no ice. The heated stuff makes it possible to ride down in the 20's while staying comfortable. I recommend the stuff.

Alan

Yup ! sure do make it nice...lowest temp we've rode was 17 f..was a PGR ride ...but we were very comfortable....other than my face froze on the way home ..it was 179 miles to the ride....will tell ya one thing..The bike seemed to enjoy it...it ran very quiet...unless it was just my ear drums were froze shut!

Yup ! sure do make it nice...lowest temp we've rode was 17 f..was a PGR ride ...but we were very comfortable....other than my face froze on the way home ..it was 179 miles to the ride....will tell ya one thing..The bike seemed to enjoy it...it ran very quiet...unless it was just my ear drums were froze shut!

I know what you mean about the face freezing! I now wear a full face helmet and I have a face-mask thingy for really cold temps. Even the eye-balls get cold sometimes. :52:

ya i also like to ride in the cold as long as there is no salt or ice on the roads the heated gear works great:sd but at 17 deg:bigsmiley21: you should change the oil to a 10-30-10-40:bigsmiley10: the 20-50 is to thick at that temp and will not lube correctly:shock

ya i also like to ride in the cold as long as there is no salt or ice on the roads the heated gear works great:sd but at 17 deg:bigsmiley21: you should change the oil to a 10-30-10-40:bigsmiley10: the 20-50 is to thick at that temp and will not lube correctly:shock

Thanks good to know...man its what i like about this place...the bike sounded really good....it took me bout 3 days for my face to get back to normal...I mean we left and one of the fellas was tellin a joke at a rest stop on the way back and that stupid smile took 3 days to thaw !

:lol ya gotta love it. my last ride was mid 33-35 and that was cold . i have a face mask but that don't cut it at highway speeds.:cry i need a full face helmet

Back