free website stats program Heated Jacket Liner | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Jacket Liner

BikeGuyBill

Does anyone have experience with First Gear heated jacket liners, gloves and controllers? I'm considering buying them and would like to hear some feedback. First Gear products seem to be good quality at a reasonable price. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

I can't speak for First Gear. I bought a set of 12V heated glove liners from Venture Heat. They worked quite well last year on the trip back from Salt Springs, my hands were the only part that didn't get cold.

They were easy to install, had their own pigtail from the battery and the electrical lead was long enough to run up my back, down through the jacket and into the liners. Fit well under a pair of gauntlets.

I have two pair of First Gear gloves, the carbon fiber knuckles, and a pair without the carbon fiber knuckles and the heat troller. I like the way first gear controls the heat better than gerbings. I also have a gerbings jacket liner and the gerbings dual heat controller. The bad thing about the gerbngs is you can unwittingly force the heat control knob past the stop and break the switch. This can't be done with the first gear as the knob was designed to turn 360 degrees. I wear my heated gear almost every morning between november and feburary. Both products are great at keeping the winter chill off the old bones, and I would recommend either product, just try to get the best deal you can. I got the first gear carbon fiber knuckle gloves and heat troller off craigs list for $80.00. I got the other pair of first gear gloves off a clearance rack at cycle gear for $45.00. Paid a lot for the gerbings jacket liner as I got it at the factory store in Washington state, but I got to get it in my exact size.

I have a pair of their glove liners, jacket liner, pant liner, and a dual heat troller. This is my third winter using them. They have held up well and work perfectly. But, if I do have to replace anything, I plan to go with Gerbing. They are made in US and are located in Stoneville, NC. Not too far from me.

Back