free website stats program Heated Grips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Grips

If you have the extended warranty and they were on the bike at purchase, they should be covered. If dealer installed, they will probably honor the warranty of the grips, and "may" with the extended warranty, their option really though.

I have the HD heated grips on my 2008 Ultra and they work great. The only problem I have experienced is the right hand grip started to slip off of the heating element while riding with the heat on (never set grips higher than 3 heat range setting). The glue was letting the grip slip while in the heating mode. The dealership replaced the grip under the extended warranty and I have not had a problem since.

I also have the gerbing heated gloves but prefer the heated grips to having to wear bulky gloves. However, when riding in 30 degree weather here in Oregon, I do use the gloves instead.

I installed Heat Demon grip warmers on my '09 Electra Glide Classic with electronic throttle and stock handlebars. This is a tip for you if you install these yourself as I did.

After not taking off the outer fairing and trying to pull out the electronic throttle and having it disconnect from the connector half way down the handlebar (thank God it didn't pull out any wires), I cannot stress enough to do the following: Take off the outer fairing, look under the radio and see the wire coming out of a hole at the bottom of the handlebar, follow that wire to it's connection beside the radio, disconnect the connection, lead the connection to the handlebar opening under the radio (you will have to take off a few zip ties). Now you will have enough length to pull the electronic throttle out of the handle bar easily.

I bought and had the dealer install the Harley heated grips. The grips worked five times, then stopped working. Another dealer got me a brand new set and installed them at no charge ( outstanding customer relation gesture!) This set has worked perfectly for the last year. If these stop working, I'll not go for another set though. I'll go a different way whether it's using my gerbing gloves or a different brand heated grip.

Back