free website stats program Heated Gloves | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated Gloves

lowrider1963

I ride during the colder months (30-40 in Cleveland) and the only part of me that gets cold are my hands. I have been looking for some heated gloves to keep my hands warm, but since I do not ride as far in the cold weather I was not sure if I wanted to spend $100+ on a pair of gloves. Since I do not have a heated vest, I would need to run the cables through my sleeves and take out when I do not need, seems a bit of a hassle during the transitional months. For the shorter trips (to and from work) has anyone ever used the battery operated gloves with any success? If so, which brand. Thanks,

I bought a pair of Gerbing S2 Heated gloves ($199.95) and have used them several times. Last week, at 27 degrees and a 25 mile commute, my hands stayed warm except for my thumbs. Still a big improvement over non-heated gloves. Speed is usually 40 - 50 mph for most of the ride.

I purchased a pair of the battery operated gloves. I returned them. They worked ok, but getting them on was more of a hassle than they were worth.

Gerbing's is the way to go they also sell heated glove liners for about 80 bucks but they have wires, I would get the thermostat with what ever you get.

:newsmile078:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Gerbing heated gloves. The first year I didn't have a thermostat and actually had to unplug the gloves because they got too warm. My hands were actually sweating. Then last year I got the thermostat and am now a happy camper..er..rider.

i recently got a 12 volt G3 gerbings, there a awesome set of gloves, the wire ain't no hassle for the pay off for warmth!!! trust us they work!!!!!

You might try some decent snowboarding gloves and a $2 disposable handwarmer. Handwarmers are our secret weapon. I put one on top of my hands inside my regular gloves. The wife buys 3 pair... one for hands one for pockets, and slids one under each arm pit. I know, she's weird but I love her!

We use Hothandz, about $1.50 at Walmart

Attachments

• hothands.jpg
    hothands.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 3
Geezer is probably still sawing logs at a Motel/Hotel here in Enumclaw Wa.

He drove here in two days by Cage from Manitoba Canada.. A visit with me before heading off back home North of North Dakota
Haven't met with him yet, 9 am today.
This will be the first KNOWN Member that i meet Eye to Eye..

I have never been to Gerbings (nor he) Located only an Hour or so away by freeway in Tumwater Wa.

Might prove interesting just to see their Big building and tour it..

Wed AM, I plan a trip there to Just look and see What's on special sales IF the sell to the public... I have heard they do, so will post results..

Geezer seamed interested and uses their products, I can see why ,,,, It was -30* below "0" one day I talked with him and ME saying it was too cold here to ride ,,,, @ 40* and dry...

signed....BUBBIE

You might try some decent snowboarding gloves and a $2 disposable handwarmer. Handwarmers are our secret weapon. I put one on top of my hands inside my regular gloves. The wife buys 3 pair... one for hands one for pockets, and slids one under each arm pit. I know, she's weird but I love her!

We use Hothandz, about $1.50 at Walmart
These handwarmers are all I use. I also put one in each boot! They keep me warm.

Back