free website stats program Heated clothes | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated clothes

dogdad

I know there has been discussion lately on the heated clothing. My question is,,, I know Gerber makes HD's heated wear as they are the company that warrants the heating elements for life. I have a great HD heated jacket that you can attach heated gloves and pants to.........My question is, does anyone know if Gerber and HD heated clothing can be used with each other? Gerber makes about 5 different heated gloves where HD only has 1 pair,,,and are much more expensive that Gerbers'.

I have Gerbing gloves and Harley pants and vest and the plugs are all the same so I would say they can be used with each other.

Thanks geezer,,,I was hoping to hear that it was. Now I can save some money and just buy the Gerbing gloves. And I've been calling it Gerber:newsmile040:

Gerber makes great baby food (for my grandson) and folding knives...! Gerbing makes the heated clothing and for MOCO.

I have a question about heated gear.
I am trying to figure out if I will be able to wear my gear on my 82 Sporty. It has a brush generator and voltage regulator. I went on the Gerbing site and found the Approximate power usage.

Product Amps/Watts at 12 V Amps/Watts at 13.8 V
Gloves pair 2 A/24 W 2.3 A/32 W
Jacket 6.5 A/78 7.5 A/103 W
Vest 4 A/48 W 4.6 A/64 W
Pants 4 A/48 W 4.6 A/64 W
Insoles pair 1.4 A/17 W 1.6 A/22 W

I have a battery tender pigtail attached to the battery and connect my gear with the HD adaptor.
This works fine on my softail but I am not sure if it will work on my Sporty.

I am not sure if my ex-husband changed out the fuse on the battery tender pigtail attached to the softail or not. I have never blown a fuse.

Not sure if the Sporty charging system can handle the power requirements and do I need to change the fuse in the battery tender pigtail.

I will only be wearing my gloves and jacket.
Taking the old girl to a show in Harrisburg and don't want to freeze.
Thanks for any input!

Do you have a manual that tells the output of the system? I am assuming if you did, you would have posted it, but just wanted to check.

This sounds like a question Hoople would know the answer to...

I asked the same question about my wife's 2002 Dyna to the head mechanic at my local dealer and he said it was no problem. We tried it and everything is fine. I don't know how differrent you system is.

Back