free website stats program Heat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat

Boy that looks simple enough. Time to fire up the mig or the tig. Probably not good for xtended warranty huh?
WAP.gif

Here's how I did mine. Cut out this area( not altering the length of the pipe)

DSCN0184.jpg
Clean it up with a grinder and re-weld.

DSCN0189.jpg
As far as warranty issues, I'll fight on that one. The dealerships change out to free flowing exhausts before some of their bikes even leave the building with the new owners!!!

Angle grinder( 3" wheel). I bought the grinder, a air hammer and a die grinder at Harbor freight for about $40. The one thing I will suggest is not to use a small "pancake" type of air compressor, it simply won't supply enough air. I nearly killed mine while doing mine. these tools require setting the comp at 90 psi....

Just finished a stage 1 on my 2011 ultra limited because of the heat, we took a trip to Panama City on the 4th of July and that was enough for me to say the cats are coming out lol. Went with Dobeck gen3 EFI, SE air, and cut the cats out. Did the cat one night,welded the pipe next day (work) put back on and reduce the heat. less than 300.00 for me, I'm happy now. All info from this site, thanks guys for all the help.

Just finished a stage 1 on my 2011 ultra limited because of the heat, we took a trip to Panama City on the 4th of July and that was enough for me to say the cats are coming out lol. Went with Dobeck gen3 EFI, SE air, and cut the cats out. Did the cat one night,welded the pipe next day (work) put back on and reduce the heat. less than 300.00 for me, I'm happy now. All info from this site, thanks guys for all the help.

And you don't think you'll have any warranty issues if something comes up?

As long as the failure is not a direct result of the mods there should be no problems. Many New bikes get dealer Mods before they are sold:s

The Usual Language is DID the modification CAUSE the problem in question?

Usually NOT, so the fix is under warranty....

Reducing HEAT on these motors WILL give them longer life and Better performance, turning fuel into power instead of Heat.:bigsmiley24:

Good Stuff in this Thread....MANY knowledgeable thoughts..

Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Back