free website stats program heat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

heat

All Good replies here...
I would add a statement from a Friend of mine in Az. Hot state!

His Bike 2008 street glide...
He went to true duals on exhaust with free flow mufflers.
used a large Air Flow Breather.
Uses full synthetic Redline 20/50 engine oil.(redline primary,shockproof heavy for tranny)
added a HD oil cooler.
Main improvement TFI.......

His wife said, while riding on a 90* day, WoW lot cooler on me!!!

I also notice a HUGE difference going to a Full Stage One using TFI.... My ride is 09 FLHR and I use Redline products only!

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for great info.

I do have the heat shields below my seat.

I am leaning towards air and fuel mods, along

with pipes soon.

Thanks for great info. I do have the heat shields below my seat. I am leaning towards air and fuel mods, along with pipes soon.

Like was stated earlier, and as painful as it is to do to a beautiful new Ultra, take the lowers off! 2 nuts and a clamp on each side. You will be absolutely AMAZED at the difference. Wrap them up in bubble wrap and put them away for the summer. I swore that I was going to sew pot holders inside the legs of my jeans to protect my thighs from sizzling at stoplights. It was not uncommon to see the oil temp gauge hit 230° on a 90+ degree day. Swapped over to Amsoil 20-50 in all 3 holes and removed the lowers. INSTANT DIFFERENCE! Now the temp barely hits 200°.

Ride safe!

Jim
:FLORIDA

I have a S.E. air filter assy, free flowing exh. and a properly set TFI. The TFI is great. I can't say how much it cooled my oil temp, because I installed my oil temp gauge AFTER the TFI. It does seem to run cooler, but if you get caught in stop and go traffic, your thighs will still burn. We got caught in noon traffic at the College in Athens GA. My buddy and I have identical bikes except for the stage 1 stuff. We were both hopping around at stop lights trying to get some relief. My oil went up to 310 degrees, but as soon as we got moving over 20mph, it started coming down.

my oil temp 230 0n hot day too.. i like my lowers they keep my feet from blowing off floorboards Oh what to do.....

I would start with the mid-seat heat shields. They don't sell OEM's for my 2000 FLHTC, but with very little modification I installed a set for the 01's and they fit like a glove and will keep you from frying your legs. Next would be the fuel management like everyone else is suggesting. Oil cooler and finally remove or open your lowers.

I run true duals and they help alot - pricey but worth the investment.

Bottom line - like everyone says, Harley's are air cooled and heat is just another part of the fun.

I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES. My Limited was a real oven in STOCK form. They are super lean beast for sure. A shorter shield will get more wind on you for sure. I also put V&H power dual, VO2 AC, and a PCV w/Autotune. It solved all the lean issues and really made the bike come alive.

I pulled the lowers off & that air baffle under triple tree. I read in manual off for summer so air gets to under side of tank & rocker boxes..Ill keep an eye on oil temp gage it been hitting 230. & yesterday in town at stop lites the heat management mode kicked in at several long stops....

I have and 010 CVO Ultra, that was hot. Added True duals Monster Ovals, Arlen Ness high flow air filter and a power commander. The bike was then dynoed. Runs great and the temp is so much lower it is amazing. The heat from the front head pipe is almost unnoticeable now, and the temp never goes over 222. Before the mods the parade mode was coming on at every light in 90 degree weather. Have not had the parade mode kick in since the upgrades were done. Plus it runs so much better.

Back