free website stats program Heat shields and a adjustable backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat shields and a adjustable backrest

ironmark

I have the HD adjustable backrest and I am looking for some heatshields that would work with the backrest, according to HD their heatshields will not work with the adjustable backrest. Anyone have both on their bike or is this a combination that won't work

Figure out a good place to do a little surgery on your heatshield and cut a small hole that you can access adjustment lever without compromising intigrity of heatshield. Clean up rough edges with a file. Might work with a little thought. Let us know the results.

Hmmm.....strange.

I have both on my bike and it works fine. I don't actually adjust the back rest very often but I can reach a finger in there to activate the lever if need be.

I am going to give it a try, from everything I read they should work.

I have both on my bike as well and they work fine. I've installed two of these with the heat shields and both installed w/out a problem.
WAP.gif

I will add that I have both on my ultra and have no problems. The adjustment lever is hidden away, just need to reach around with a finger to make an adjustment.

I have both on my Limited. The lever sits in behind the shield, which makes for a clean install. It's easy to adjust the lever by just reaching around the shield.

I just installed the HD mid-frame heat shields over the weekend and everything work out fine with the adjustable backrest. I would like to thank everyone for the advice.

Iam about to install one on my '09 Ultra Classic, can someone post a few pictures on how they installed the adjusting lever with the heat shields? Thanks

Back