free website stats program Heat Issue | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat Issue

The first motor started to leak out the rear head and I mentioned that the oil pressure was down. They checked it out and found that the oil pump was shot and then found that the crank was not within spec. The dealer ended up replacing the whole motor. This latest motor is now leaking out the rear head also after another 6k miles. There is a recall for it now which will replace the top end gaskets, center crankcase bolt, ACR and cylinder heads with new valve guides. (Product Program 0905)

I've got a few runs scheduled this month and into June, then I'll get the work done. I wanted to wait until the later part of 2010, but the oil is leaking enough that you can smell it at stops.
Ugly John
Hey John: The last few issues of American Iron magazine featured an in depth series of articles by noted H.D. engine builder Donnie Peterson that addressed the various issues found to occur in the S.E.110 motors. It seems that quite a number of 110 owners have had problems such as you have described. Too much to list here, but some fixes were
related to more effective cooling of mechanical parts & additional cooling of the oil itself.He has a book out on the subject of "perfomancing the twin cam" that the magazine takes excerpts from. Recommended reading

Last edited:
Back