free website stats program Heat Issue | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat Issue

Both the fullsac and B&E site say no mod to map needed. I did the change out on all pipe swaps myself. If doing a full stage1 was my goal I would have got a real ture dual set from Bassani or V&S to name a few. and went with a SE air filter with a Zipper autotunner. but like I said I can't recomend th products since it looks like a tunner and remap is needed anyway. I'm sure there both good product for Pre - 07 engines

Just a side note the Mcewan oil temp gauge reads correct and was not a factor in the heat I used a IR temp gun and seen that it was in range.

Last edited:
The newer bikes will self adjust to a degree with adaptive fueling BUT when adding intake and exhaust the parameters are such in the adjustability that you are running on the lean end of the adjustments regardless. If you are OK with that, then run it that way. Lean is HOT and can do damage if it is too lean.

I'm not okay with the heat and I can't afford to damage what I have, So stock for now is good I will live with the heat I have for two years and did just fine. I guess later I will list the exhaust on EBay and take a small loss. I think its the B&E pipe they are not a full core pipe looks like the end has just been cored out and the old factory baffle left in place.

B&E exhaust and full sac conversion

Last edited:
Well I installed the PC3 usb today afterwork and it really worked nice. the bike felt faster and stronger. I also changed the AC to a HD Stage1 the heat stayed around 230.deg according to the McEwan gauge. the outside temp was around 62.deg a cool night but like I said never seen oil temp rise over 230. next week I will ride Mohave deasert to get to the river and will see if it helps in 100 deg days. thanks guys for all the good advice and information.

now that you have added a fuel tuner the dual exhust would be fine .. or the conversion kit

Hello !
Since i bought my 2000 Fatboy, it's been equiped with SE 2 pipes. This week i installed the stocks pipes and i noticed that the engine now is heating up much more! Is it normal? Stock pipes causes the engine to become hotter than with SE 2 pipes??

The low restriction mufflers promote better flow through the engine and cools it better as long as you have extra fuel to support it.

Thank you Glider. Do you know if i remove the screaming eagle kit from my Fatboy (Carburator parts and air filter) and adjust the fuel mixture of the carburator for stock settings, the temperatue would drop? Today i checked the oil temperature after i stoped the bike, with the engine runing, and it was indicating 250ºF. The temperature of the engine was very unconfortable.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you Glider. Do you know if i remove the screaming eagle kit from my Fatboy (Carburator parts and air filter) and adjust the fuel mixture of the carburator for stock settings, the temperatue would drop? Today i checked the oil temperature after i stoped the bike, with the engine runing, and it was indicating 250ºC. The temperature of the engine was very unconfortable.
Thank you.

not it would probley run hotter .. stock is pretty lean as is

Just be glad that you don't have a 110 cu. They are beyond the heat of any 96 incher. I've cooled mine down a bit and on my second motor. This second motor is getting a new top end in a month or so!
Ugly John

Back