free website stats program Heat deflectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat deflectors

Yup, My 09 came with them. They work, but there is no getting around the heat a big V twin puts out. Best remedy I have found is Synthetic oil, fuel management (TFI for me) and foot pegs on the engine gaurd. (Gets your legs away from the engine):s If you don't have them, they are worth having IMO.

I added them to my '08. At first I could tell the difference in the amount of heat. After a few days, my stock exhaust was still cookin' my leg at stop lights. Still, not bad for the $50.

I installed the HD mid-frame heat shields on my '00 FLHTC and the difference is dramatic. In addition to shielding your legs, they deflect air downward around the rear head-pipe.

I looked at the Kurakyn smoked shields because I thought they looked better but didn't like the way they mounted.

The RJS's look like an extension of the seat and look like they should be there. Lots of choices and like everything else it comes down to getting the look that fits you.

Also using the kuryakyn ones. Better than nothing, it is true that thights become cooler but you are going to feel heat in lower legs.
WAP.gif

Awesome! Thanks for all the advice. I think Ill get em. Took a ride to Panama City Beach today and about cooked my leg off. Deff need highway pegs too.

Talon, a heat deflector like RJ's would help and forward pegs as well. Is your exhaust system "stock" or are they higher up...may add to the "roasting"...

tn335s3.jpg

Back