free website stats program Heat!! always HEat!! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat!! always HEat!!

are you guys serious?? Pinging is that seriouos?? My bro Vulcan does it all the time. Maybe what I heard wasn't pinging..can't say definitively I've ever heard pinging..what I was hearing sounded like something was "tapping" against a heat shiled or something..had a sort of metal "ping" (errr) to it. Noticed it would occur during acceleration..either way, after I filled up with Premium, it stopped immediately.

it was for sure a ping then ..

thanx Glider, bud and all ofyou. appreciate the info. had a bad week with the ol' girl. worries about heat, a trip to the dealer, only to be told it was "normal", had a leak from the derby cover and discovered one of my dealers had stripped out one of the screws and used a Helicoil to repair it..that irritated me as, not knowing, when I changed Primary fluid at 5k, I used locktit so..at the 10k went to remove the screw and, of course, the helicoil came out with it..anyway, decided not to stress over it anymore. On the good side, I actually gave her a complete and thorough cleaning (usually just wipe her down) including wax and she be lookin' good. Decided to continue using my Xieds for now, run premium fuel and, as long as no more leaks develop from the primary, not sweat that. My bike is relaxation. Ride Safe.

Mavagrand,
The day we picked up the Ultra it was about 85 deg. and we had a 50 mile trip home on her. By the time we got home my wife showed me her right calf and it was RED. Her calf looked like my right thigh and (EDITED) felt like. She asked what was up because she had never felt that kind of heat on the fatboy ('98). First thing I did to the Ultra was put Kyurakin (sp?) saddle shields on, Xieds, and SE mufflers. All I can say is WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Between the 3 it feels like about 80% less heat.

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

06-07 Harleys have always ran hot, right from the get go. You might want to check the EIMTS to see if you don't have a problem with that, scince it has finally creeped up on you like that. As one guy has said here, you have to be moving for an oil cooler to work. Your oil pump has to push the oil through it also, so have the oil pump pressure checked before you do that. Last but not least, make sure that your checking your oil wit the scoot straight up, and that your ALWAYS riding it FULL of oil!

I've considered having my pipes ceramic coated. My wife has always complained about the heat on her right shin, even back to my '99 RK. Always wonder if/how much that would help.
I am having my headers ceramic coated on my 08. Will let you know how it goes come spring.

I have found after you break them in , around 6000 to 8000 they do cool down a bit. Not much but a bit. But you know where this is going. Next big Harley change will be water cooled Touring , should be interesting.

Its going to snow today will I ever ride again?????

Back