free website stats program Heartbroken | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heartbroken

This is a loss that each and every one of us can feel. These bikes are somewhat an extension of our individual personalities. We personalized them to match our own style & taste, and ride them with pride of ownership. What I don’t understand is how another man can take pride riding someone other personal scoot. This must be part of a thing of getting an object just for the $ of it. Anyway I would like to see pictures of the bike just in case I happen to see it in the Temecula SCal reign of the state.:(

There is nothing like having something stolen to get your blood boiling... Last year someone broke into my pole barn and stole a stereo and chainsaw (the nice one, left the old one...). When the sheriff came he said I was 'lucky' - he said they usually take that - and that - pointing to the bike and the lawn tractor. In my case I added a deadbolt lock to the entry door - sounds like there wasn't anything else you could have done.

Its sad that you have to take extraordinary measures just to keep people from taking your stuff...

Sorry to hear about your loss ! You can post pics of your bike but it won't do any good IMO , I would think the bike went to a chop shop and is being sold as parts , the bike is worth more parted out ,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. High crime was one of the reasons I left L.A. Have never regretted doing so even though I made less money elsewhere.

Dude sorry to hear that!!!! I would have flipped out!!! Like my dad always said a lock just keeps an honest man honest. Cause if someone wants it and would steal it. They will cut, pry, beat or blow up what ever they have to to get it. Hope things workout for ya.

Sorry to here this. Lost a kaw and a triumph while stationed in San Diego in the mid 70's. Both chained. A pretty low form of life does things like this. I'm sure it's much worse now and all over with Ebay to dump all the parts on.

Sorry for your loss, had a 1975Z1B stolen from a parking garage. Bike was locked and chained. Saw a video some years back at Bike Week put out by the Daytona Police. Showed a Harley chained to a telephone pole with the front end locked also. Pickup pulled up 4 guys jumped out cut the chain picked the bike up threw it in the back of the pickup and took off. Total time 12 seconds!

Hey, sorry about your loss. Have been lucky so far, but know there are those who live off of others. Hopefully you had GAP insurance or replacement on your bike. What goes around comes around!:(

Back