free website stats program Heart attack | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heart attack

Best wishes for a prompt recovery. Take it easy for a while, having had your 45 years service and maintenance, you have plenty of time left for misbehaving.

I like the way you think!
I'm home and resting decided you all were right and staying home from work for a few days, to sore right now to get on the bike anyway. Might get the tattoo today or tomorow but can do that siting down and doing nothing.

Glad to hear that you are doing better Fearless, can't play around with those tickers. Do what the docs say, my pop went through the quadruple by-pass in '99 & let me tell you, that is a scary scenario for the family (13 hrs in surgery). Not to mention pop. We got him to the hospital, they dillied around for nearly 2 months deciding what to do etc, and when the cardiologist got a hold of him, he was flat on his back, and into emergency surgery. A lot of men have what the dr.'s refer to as the 'widow maker' condition, and if the patient has a heart attack there is absolutely nothing they can do. That is what happens when some one dies suddenly like that. We lost one of my favorite uncles just over a year ago because he wouldn't go to the dr. We miss him every day.

Glad your better, but again, don't ignore those symptoms. :s

I don't think you will, looks like you have a great wife to crack the whip on you....bet she won't let you put it off again. :s

Fearless, I'm glad you've decieded to take it easy for a while and I hope you get back to 100% soon. Post a pic of that new tat when you get it.

I can relate. Had one in Jan 06, blocked coranry, but carry around 2 stunts. I try and live each day as if its my last. Enjoy my family and ride hard.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ben

Fearless,
Glad you are ok, and have it worked out.

Age has little to do with things sometimes, your heart is like the carb, when it stops you stop!
At the age of 17 I had my heart removed 3 times (same day, same operation) for some MAJOR repairs, no transplant, they were able to repair the defects I was born with (Rapid heart beat/Wolf Parkinsons White Syndrome). I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, then a few months of R&R, youth was on my side back then.
I first had the groin mapping, that was not as bad as having your chest cracked, that my friend takes a long time to heal and to this day (38 now) it still bothers me, but much better then a dirt nap!
Please take care of your self, if that heart (carb) spits or sputters, get it looked at!

You hit the nail on the head twisted grip about the age thing. I will 30 on Tuesday and I have to go back to the doctor on Monday for my 2nd EKG. I went to the doctor a week ago about some sinus issues I was having and my heart rate was 49 so I will be having another one done Monday and then be wearing a monitor for a few days so they can keep a check on it to see if/what is wrong.

In 2003 I had a major heart attack {I coded in the ER}. They medi-vac'd me to Univ of Penn. They installed 1 stent then and 6 weeks later they installed another. Meanwhile my wife had a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted in 1/2004. She had open heart [cracked open the chest - ouch] then in October of 2005 she had a heart transplant. We know nothing about where the heart came from. Since we both have had heart 'issues' we are careful about everything. It will take about 5 weeks for the stent to settle into the artery so that it doesn't move. Hurrying your recovery sounds good for the short term but not for the long haul. God bless and at least listen to the doctors, whether you want to hear what they say or not.

Back