free website stats program Hearing a little "click" when i squeeze the brake, what could it be? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hearing a little "click" when i squeeze the brake, what could it be?

Rafaelw

I noticed a small clicking sound when i apply the hand brake when riding, i cant figure out where its actually coming from. it happens all the time when applying the hand brake the first time, when slowing down, if i drive again from a stop and go through a few gears, then go to use the hand break it does it. it does not happen when using the clutch or foot brake. Does anyone know what this may be? Besides that, man it felt good riding for the 1st time , here in SE Wisconsin this last weekend.

Warranty work, could be as simple as a brake light switch, or noisy floating rotor

"UPDATE" to my tread about Clicking noise when applying hand brake.

So i took my bike to service, they told me that they had a few 13 Heritages come back for warranty work having to do with the master cylinder, they said it wasnt made an official recall, but did have a hand full of bikes come back for that reason. anyways after riding a bit i did notice it was wet around the master cylinder the brake fluid was not leaking out , but was getting wet around by the gasket. I called them just to inform them of what was happening. My appt is next Tuesday, ill find out what is going on then.

Re: "UPDATE" to my tread about Clicking noise when applying hand brake.

good deal.. I hope they take care of it free of charge

Back