free website stats program Heardy MICHIGAN riders, kick-stands up(soon) | Harley Davidson Forums

Heardy MICHIGAN riders, kick-stands up(soon)

Mickster

What heardy Michigan riders check in here? Got your '09 calendar book filled in yet with pencil or pen? :newsmile022: What spetacular rides have you planned? :newsmile01:

It's hard to be Heardy when the temp is in the 20's. I'm glad to see the snow melt, but with an inch of rain, it's a flood around here. I heard we're in for 4 inches of snow on Tuesday. Kick-stand up (soon). Well, maybe. It's suppose to be 44 today. But like I've said, I won't ride if there is salt on the roads. Soon, I sure hope so. I've put off ordering my TFI because they offer a 30 day money back, but it will be more than 30 days before I can test it. I'm going to a Stage One but Soon, I don't think so. Here in Michigan our winters last for at least 5 months. By that I mean 5 months of salt and grit on the roads. I plan on visting most if not all the Harley Dealers in Michigan this year. Grab a T-shirt and on to the next one. I get a two week vacation in June. Two weeks of nothing but riding. Can't wait til spring.

It's hard to be Heardy when the temp is in the 20's. I'm glad to see the snow melt, but with an inch of rain, it's a flood around here. I heard we're in for 4 inches of snow on Tuesday. Kick-stand up (soon). Well, maybe. It's suppose to be 44 today. But like I've said, I won't ride if there is salt on the roads. Soon, I sure hope so. I've put off ordering my TFI because they offer a 30 day money back, but it will be more than 30 days before I can test it. I'm going to a Stage One but Soon, I don't think so. Here in Michigan our winters last for at least 5 months. By that I mean 5 months of salt and grit on the roads. I plan on visting most if not all the Harley Dealers in Michigan this year. Grab a T-shirt and on to the next one. I get a two week vacation in June. Two weeks of nothing but riding. Can't wait til spring.

It would be nice to go out soon but to cold end of march cant come soon enough

Me? I'm hopin' for Blessin' of the Bikes & Rollin' Thunder in May; maybe CVMA National in Tulsa OK come June; Gatherin' of the Guard (PGR) in Ogden UT last of July; maybe Sturgis on the way home first of August, and Philly later that month. Whew! Lots of scootin' planned, hope can make them all. Wanna do a Stage I download first.

Lets see... Maybe Myrtle Beach, Maybe Rolling Thunder, Sturgis for sure, plemty of trips up north for the weekend and the annual color ride in the fall. Whatever else pops up is a bonus

Personally haven't done Sturgis (SD) yet. Thinkin' that if I did, I'd take ferry across Lk MI to avoid Chicago! Have you MiHDriver been there before, and if so, which way'd you go?

Personally haven't done Sturgis (SD) yet. Thinkin' that if I did, I'd take ferry across Lk MI to avoid Chicago! Have you MiHDriver been there before, and if so, which way'd you go?

Ive heard some go though the U.P

I would take the U.P. route. What a beautiful ride. How many of you Michigander's have riden across the bridge? Now that's a ride. Just make sure when you go over it's not to windy. Now that can ruin a nice ride. Just make sure you stay in your lane. I'll take the trip thru the U.P. because of less traffice also.

Guys I have not been to Sturgis yet. This will be my maiden voyage. I think we are using the ferry (not sure on this yet). Last year went to the 105th and we went across that (EDITED) bridge. Was windy and not fun (plus scared of heights) so I hated the bridge. The UP was great ride though across 2. Would recommend that to anyone!!!! Actually once north of Bay City we ran up 23 all the way. What a great ride!! Beautiful!!

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferry is cool ride but long about 4hrs to cross,really depends on how much time you got to get there Up longest,ferry in the middle, southend of chicago fastest you dont have to go through chicago you can take 80 then 29 north it is longer but more i think to see.Or pickup a two lane in Indiana like us24 thats a laid back ride

Back