free website stats program Heard Kuryakyn's New Sound System? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heard Kuryakyn's New Sound System?

The J&M Self amplified speakers are a much better buy, IMHO. VERY good quality and easy volume controls. Push buttons that are reachable with your left thumb, you don't have to move your hand off the handlebar or even look at the speaker. A much better configuration than the Kuryakyn's which you have to do both.

I powered the J&M's through the accessory switch on my RK, so I could turn them off when I didn't want to listen to any tunes.

:USA

I have the two wheel tunes as well, did not have the problems that Fourdogs did, but hard to hear at highway speeds. Around town they work fine.

Just got a set of these for my anniversary from my wifee. Got em hooked up and went about 60 miles to check them out. If the song on the mp3 is of good quality they sound pretty good even at 70 mph. Bad quality recordings don't sound that great but at lower speeds it's all good.

For only having them one day, I love them.

If anyone's interested here's the link:

The Sound of Chrome™

Had problems with the hyperlink, so here is another link:

Küryakyn

and a picture

852-2.jpg

I heard positive reviews like Fourdogs from others regarding the Hoppe Fairing sound system on this forum, just can't find the links right now. The neat thing is Glider found Hoppe makes a fairing for the Sportster as well so good news for ridrs who want to design a Touring Sportster model with sound system.

Last edited:
Thats what I'm hoping for next year. Then my recently installed SOC speakers will transfer to my Sporty.

I love choices.

Attachments

• 090510-speaker2.jpg
    090510-speaker2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 090510-speaker4.jpg
    090510-speaker4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 31
I just purchased a set for my new heritage......They mounted mine differently under the handlebars below the mirrors making the volume easy access but one of the speakers was bad. They have ordered another speaker but back ordered due to high volume sales......

The one sounds great.......even at 75mph

I originally put them there. But I wanted them up higher so I could hear them better.

They sound pretty good. A little tinny but I guess that's to be expected. It really comes down to how good your recording is in your mp3 player.

But for the most part I hear it pretty good at 70.

i am installing a set of Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome speakers on my heritage softail. for those of you who have this system, i am wondering where you put the noise filter. can i just put it on top of my battery under the seat? it has a self stick adhesive and was thinking about just sticking it to the smooth part of the battery away from the connections. any expert advice out there regarding this? thanks.

Back