free website stats program Heard Kuryakyn's New Sound System? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heard Kuryakyn's New Sound System?

Has anyone heard the new Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome stereo speaker system? It looks awesome, and seems like the perfect setup for a cruiser. I don't mind spending the money ($399.00 US), as long as it is worth it. I am looking for testimonials. I have bought many items from Kuryakyn and been totally satisfied and I am hoping this will be the same case. I ride a lot with earphones and an ipod...it works, but I would love to have my tunes playing around me, like my brothers and sisters on full dressers, instead of in my ears. Anyone bought this system or heard one??? There is actually a waiting list to order it. Thanks for any feedback. —Buck

They sure look a awful like 2WheelTunes....Say it ain't so. Gosh man I hate to tell anyone to stay away from something, but thats what this forum is all about. If they would tell you who actually manufactures them it would be helpful to you.Heres my story..I purchased the two wheel tunes systems..coz dumb old me listen to them in the store.The system was 499.00 bucks. I was impressed. So before I purchased the system. I visited their web site ,and seen all the fantastic reviews...one thing I have learned don't believe a whole lot what on some of these sites...except this one where you get honest reviews..Anyway back to my story. I installed the system...two chrome speakers...100 watt amp..50 watts per channel...even purchased the chrome speakers which was a hundred dollars more...That why you see 'em advertised for 399.00..mine was 499 coz they were chrome. Had nothing but trouble...the speakers were constantly going out went through 3 sets of speakers...all speakers were replaced without cost ...but was given a 100 different reasons why they went out. However when the amp went out..was a different story. Cost me 179. bucks to replace it . And dumb old me thinkin well thats why it never sounded great coz all along it was the amp. NOT !!!! I bought different stuff like different grills and stuff...Sooooooooo see whos making them ok..if they tell you. I honestly had almost a grand wrapped up in this dang system...and was either too stupid to give up are just trusted the company too much..I don't know ...but dang I don't want to see anyone else make the same mistake I did....btw I tried to look at their site and did not see 'em at "2wheeltunes"..Oh and mine now sets in a coffee can under my bass boat with a label called My Greatest Bad Ideas...Man I hope this helps..BTW what I did was get a Hoppe Fairing with a fabulous sound system..coz when i got into Bikes at 58 I knew nothing and when i sat on a Ultra it seemed top heavy...so that scared me a bit so I got the Road King..which I love...Good Luck

Fourdogs:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but we've all been there before. Thanks for sharing with us. You're right about non-biased forums like this being a better source of product reviews and feedback than the website's testimonials section!

Check out Uniqcycle.com, I have their system on my RK, and a couple of my buddies have it on their bikes (v-star and royal star) they sound great, even at 120 km(75 mph) the only issue you might have is where to put the amp. I put mine in the saddle bag.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the sound system... You have been a great help and heightened my desire to slow down before running head-long into a purchase. I need to investigate who is manufacturing the system.

I just installed my new Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome speakers. They look and sound great! I can use them with my Lowrance XOG gps mp3 player or my IPod. I only paid $289 for them and I am very happy with my purchase...

Those speakers look great, I can add them to my Hogtunes setup and have ten speaker's instead of only eight!

I just purchased a set for my wife's bike, they can be had for around $279 if you shop around, and they were in stock when I purchased these 2 weeks ago. They seem to be well made, and the volume control on the speaker is a plus. My wife uses her's with an ipod and they sound is great. I will be hooking her up with an XM radio shortly.

Back