free website stats program Headset Mic | Harley Davidson Forums

Headset Mic

Redfish-Joe

Does anyone know of a mic that can be used in a half helmet that don't use the helmet speakers? I would like to mount just a mic in my summer helmet. Thanks!!

At bikeweek, J & M had a combination headset and ear piece designed for wear with a half shell helmet. It slid up between the hard outer shell of the helmet and the inner liner. To use it on my helmet I would have had to slice or separate the inner liner which I did not want to do. I think they were $165 or so which may have been a show special. (Yeah, right) I think they had a 6 pin plug so you would need to make sure it matches your equipment. You can view one on their website.

hope this helps, Tom

Did you ever come up with anything for just the mic hook-up (no ear speakers)?

What did was to clip the speakers off leaving enough wire to separate the two wires for each speaker, removed the sheath and secured the wires where they would not touch. You can separate the housing and there is barley enough room in it to tuck the wires back in. Mic works fine like this.

Does anyone know of a mic that can be used in a half helmet that don't use the helmet speakers? I would like to mount just a mic in my summer helmet. Thanks!!
I have the IMC half helmet headsets and they work great on my Ultra Classic. Not sure if they work on you ride though. I cannot post the link but if you google IMC Headset Harley Davidson, you will find them.

Back