free website stats program Headphones for 09 Electraglide Classic ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Headphones for 09 Electraglide Classic ?

And I may be totally out to lunch if his Classic isn't wired the way I am supposing it is. I don't quite understand that speaker switch operation. All 4 wires eventually lead back to the radio. Internal switching to turn on/off the speakers? Looks like it.

And I may be totally out to lunch if his Classic isn't wired the way I am supposing it is. I don't quite understand that speaker switch operation. All 4 wires eventually lead back to the radio. Internal switching to turn on/off the speakers? Looks like it.

Yes. the speaker switch internally switches the output from the DSP from the internal amp to the headset output, shutting down the external speakers and defaulting the volume control to the headsets.

Jim.... yes I do have the 2 bikes....
and thanks for clarifying to the others as well.

My issue is the classic, so some of the things the others mentioned like the Ebay product
are for the ultra's which have the wiring....

I will look into the method you suggested.

p.s. someone else (another place) mentioned just wiring a headset jack directly to the speaker wires ?

p.s. someone else (another place) mentioned just wiring a headset jack directly to the speaker wires ?

Well...that all depends on what YOU want. When I spend over $20K on a motorcycle, anything I do to it or have done to it is going to be professionally done and increase the value of the bike, not be a splice job. But...different strokes.... It's your bike.

Jim
I know how you feel about the 20K, I feel the same way....
Only in the sense that when I spend 20k on a bike (with the harmon cadaron..... which everyone raves about) I'd like the simple feature of being able to plug a set of ear phones into it.

Not necessarilly the whole setup, driver/passenger comunication, CB etc...
But at least ear phones, something that every $20 (walkman, mp3 player, or just a counter top radio) has.....

Of course HD can set me up with that for $400

Cowpoke,
I feel your pain, Bro. That radio is a tech marvel in my book. But OMG expensive! Unfortunately, with HD, you pay some serious Jack for add on accessories. If it makes you feel any better, my buddy just put a CB in his 2012 Goldwing. In the end it cost him close to $1,000. There are a LOT of things that I would like to see as options for the FLH-series. One being eliminating the cord with Bluetooth connectivity for the sound system. Another would be (I need to duck here cause I will surely get flak) developing a large displacement v-2 or v-4 LIQUID-COOLED touring bike. The EPA has leaned the life out of the air-cooled v-2. Time to smell the coffee.

In the meantime, though, electronic engineers should provide innovative AFFORDABLE add-on accessory components for the HK advanced audio system. It is insane to have to pay that much to put a simple add on HD headphone jack onto a radio. It's also insane that the simple terminal crimper for deutsch barrel pins (p/n HD-42879) costs $200+ for the DIY type guy.

Jim

I will add my voice to the things you just mentioned. Water cooling the touring bikes should not be that difficult. The radiator would hardly even be visible on anything with lowers installed. The addition of affordable Bluetooth is over due. There is simply no reason we should still have to be tethered to our bikes via the headset cord!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bi3014

Back