free website stats program Headphone jack in fairing? | Harley Davidson Forums

Headphone jack in fairing?

hsoj10

I recently bought a 2006 Electra Glide standard. It does not have a stereo and does not apear that it ever did, but it has what looks like a headphone jack mounted in the right side of the fairing. Does anyone know what this might be?

Post a picture

Not able to post a pic at the moment, but it is just to the right of the tach and it mounted in the fairing. Someone told me it might have an amp and speakers for using an ipod or something. Is this anything you have heard of? I dont have anything to test it yet.

Why we need a picture it could be a lot of things could be a power source for MP3 player, a plug for heated gloves or vest

ok well I will post a pic as soon as I can, I am currently in the market for a new camera lol... when I get one I will post.

The one thing it won't be is a headphone jack. In most if not all jurisdictions, listening to music through headphones is illegal. Lots do it though ear buds that are easy to hide but risk getting nailed if caught. Intercom jack would be different size and shape from headphone.

I bought a new electra glide standerd in 99 and they didnt come with a radio one of the reasons they were less money. If that info helps

Is it a cop bike? What is the size of the plug, 1/4" or 1/8th.

Not sure of the actual size but a headphoe plug fits it, and I do for sure have speakers in the fairing but no stereo, and it does not look like there has ever been one. stumped I dunno, but not its not a cop bike, just a normal standard

I am from CAnada and its great to see the Motorcycle laws in the states for my future travels!! thanks for posting that. I"m in NB CAnada just about 2 hours from bango and go there quite often and further south in the future.

Back