free website stats program Headlights flicker | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlights flicker

This morning on the way to work when I hit either front or back brake my headlight would go dim for just a second then back to as bright as before. The light in my gas guage would do the same. Possible bad ground? What do you think or suggest? Thanks
WAP.gif

With what you discribe, It sounds to me like your battery maybe going south. Here's what I would do... Remove the battery, clean both ends of both cables, look to see if you have corrosion building where the terminal meets the cable conductor. Take the battery to either your favorite bike shop or a auto parts store and have it load tested. That's really the only way to properly check a battery, and see what results you get. That should give you a good idea of what you are dealing with. If all the above check good, then you'll have to check the charging system... See the self help section and or re-post... Good Luck.

I found my problem. I pulled my seat off and checked the battery terminals for corrosion and they looked good and were tight. I then pulled the side covers off and and reseated the relays and that did the trick. Sure wish all electrical problems were that easily fixed. Thanks Harry with your suggestion.

King...use control/tuner cleaner and dielectric grease to prevent the return of the "fuzz"...!

Back