free website stats program headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

headlight

hi, i am looking for a bright headlight. i have a 2003 flstc heritage softail. heard that leds do not shine the sides of the road very well. i am going with CD turn tail and spotlamps.oponions appreciated. thanks in advance.

I run a 6000k HID kit on my Softail with a clear lens and light dispersement is excellent, even on the sides of the road. It is a "low beam" circuit only and with the nice white output I've never had a need for hi beams since these are very bright. No complaints from oncoming traffic and when riding at night with my buddies, I usually lead tge pack in unlit back roads. I guess they can nickname me Rudolph now, lol. I think I paid less than $50 on eBay. It's a H4 kit for a car but fit easily in my headlight bucket with the slim ballast. I have the second ballast and bulb as a backup but may put that on my E-Glide because I like the brightness and output so much on my Softie.
WAP.gif

Many here have had good luck with the 80/100 bulb. Headlight aiming is essential as is the integrity of the connection. 7th one down in the link. For $12.45 if you hate it you can throw it away......

GermanAutoParts.com

Back