free website stats program Headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight

I was able to purchase a Wagner part # BP1210 and it is an 80w/100w for under $10 at the local Car Quest store. They had it the same day. It is day and night difference over the stock bulb.

I couldn't stand it, pulled it apart just so I would remember the lamp base :) Thanks for the tip on the 1210 H4, I'll have to pick one up and give it try.

I have seen a few post recommending an Osram headlamp bulb ...

<b><font color="green">Osram Rallye 70/65w +50 H4 bulb</b></font>

But as far as I can tell, mine looks like a sealed beam. Anyone know what's stock on an 07 FXDC (black housing with chrome ring) and save me the trouble of pulling it apart to look ?

Mine -

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11298660983_1182372417_30292999_4968422_n.jpg

Thanks

The Osram bulb has Made in Germany stamped into the base, as does the OEM HD bulb...! :33: The only difference is Osram is an "OFF Road Use 80/100 Watt bulb, and is easily changed out if your standard 55/60 Watt bulb H4 equivalent. You will really like the difference and at $13 is a bargain! :D

Yes, you will have to change out the sealed beam type for conventional headlamp shell with H4 bulb receptacle. Just look for similar model HD to yours without the HD logo and look into the reflector for lamp similar to your first link.

Last edited:
I was going to switch to the H4/ST worked great on my other bikes. Might have to try Osram bulb?

I bought my bike used ... when I took out the old bulb and installed the BP1210, I thought it was odd that the old bulb looked so similar. I took a magnifying glass so I could read the stamp, it was an Osram HR2/H4 9003 60/55W. I guess the original owner installed it. I have to say that after alittle comparison, I put the Osram back. It seems to produce at least as good a light, alittle better color, and it doesn't burn as hot. I might try something else in the future, but for now, I'm happy with the Osram.

Back