free website stats program Headlight won't work | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight won't work

Learned something new this morning, 08 has a lighting relay, #5, you might check that out.

Good deal Chopper, naturally my old school '04 Sporty is wired without a relay. And good to see that modern technology has started to filter into the lighting area...less chance of "smoking" a harness...JMO.

You da man! The relay had a prong bent on it and apparently was not making contact. Rubber housing used to hold connector in place doesn't work very good at all.
Straightened prong and plugged back in, light is on.
Thanks to all of you who responded, you all helped more than the local Harley shop. They told me there wasn't a relay on the bike when I had asked yesterday.

Thanks Again,

Once again Chopper comes through. Does you superhero cape get in the way when riding?
NEWHD74FAN is the super hero here, his thoughts got me looking, and what do you know, it's a good day, I learned something, when ever you can teach a old dog a new trick, it's a good day for the old dog:)

Am I the only one kinda scared about harley entering the so called "modern era" seems like it won't be the same. I cringhed at the belt, I balkked at efi, even my alarm freaks me out. I'll always have a carbed model and what I want etc. but what about the grandkids, I think its sad.

Good deal Chopper, naturally my old school '04 Sporty is wired without a relay. And good to see that modern technology has started to filter into the lighting area...less chance of "smoking" a harness...JMO.

Am I the only one or does the fact that HD is entering the so called "modern era" seem kinda scary? I cringed at the belt!, balked at EFI ( I'll never have anything but a carb) I love tinkering and will have the option of owning what I want but what about the Grandkids? I think its sad.:newsmile08:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Rol, while I am conservative and accept change slowly, I do understand the need for technology to improve...certainly the reason why I chose my 04 Sportster as my first. It has electric start, electronic ignition, signaling and alarm system, belt drive, carburetor (wanted easily tuned technology, knowing EFI was the wave of the future) rubber engine mounts, cast wheels, dual disc front brakes and rear.

HD is actually modernizing at a "decent" pace, and while throttle by wire, ABS and EFI are still an ongoing process, I am good with that. Yes the nits will be worked out shortly, look at even the most inexpensive cages have these modern conveniences, only don't let the technology "scare" you, just take the necessary baby steps. EFI is pretty much savoir faire these days and I am just thankful my HD still has metal fenders and built as Glider says..."-tractor-like"...AGRICULTURE is very good, can't get more old school then that!

Back