free website stats program Headlight Retaining Clip | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight Retaining Clip

Bosbury1

Removed my headlight on 2007 FLSTN and can't remember how the retaining clip goes back. Looked in the manual they show a different one then I have anyone know where I can get an image to put back together?

This should be for the 07 FLSTN, is your's deferent?
bulb.jpg

That's what the manual shows, but not the one. Here's the photos

Attachments

• IMG00095.jpg
    IMG00095.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG00096.jpg
    IMG00096.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 36
Sorry I took so long, my computer crashed, someday I'll have a mac.
Hard to tell from your pic, this is a 07 touring, does it look closer?
If retainer screw was loosened to release wireform, use finger to hold retainer in place and then slowly tighten screw until snug. Turning headlamp assembly over, verify that reflector cone is still centered under decorative logo. If it is not, loosen retainer screw and repeat step until the proper results are achieved.
flhx09bulb.jpg

Chopper,
Voila.... That's the ticket. Makes perfect sense. Wonder why my HD manual does not show that image. Thank you so much.

Great, it's in the 07 touring manual, just on another post and maybe the same problem on a 06 fatboy & XL, crazy.

Actually no surprise, it is common for 1st issue of Service Manual to have errors in them. Don't feel bad, it is why a picture says a thousand words. I cannot really understand why they would change the spring clip retainer to require additional screw hardware and additional assembly difficulty. One would have thought they would have made it "hinge" on one side with the two ends, no additional fastener required. :newsmile011:

Actually no surprise, it is common for 1st issue of Service Manual to have errors in them. Don't feel bad, it is why a picture says a thousand words. I cannot really understand why they would change the spring clip retainer to require additional screw hardware and additional assembly difficulty. One would have thought they would have made it "hinge" on one side with the two ends, no additional fastener required. :newsmile011:

That would be too easy and make sense!

Back