Headlight Question

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by robjr, Jul 23, 2009.

1. robjr

robjr Member

Pretty new to the forum and have a question. I have found dozens of answers to other questions by simply searching this great site over the past few months but not much on this. I have passed a couple of bikes that appear to have a "strobing" affect coming from the headlight. Seems to be very visible and I wondered if anyone knew what may be available for this? Thanks

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

Those are called modulators. I've never looked into getting one but you're right, they do get you noticed. Someone is bound to offer a name brand or talk to a dealer or google it.

4. robjr

robjr Member

That would be exactly what I was talking about guys. The word "modulate" would have done the trick in my search for sure. I keep reading about these wreckless cagers running bikes over and think every little increase in visibility has got to help. I did find info on the LED tail lights that flash and modulate, which I think I will go with too. Thanks very much!

5. TXMikey

TXMikey Junior Member

I don't have a modulator, but found that putting a brighter bulb and running with my high beam on during the day really helped me be noticed.

6. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

Sounds to me like that is really all you need.

7. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

I just put in an 80/100 Osram bulb and the difference was unreal. Well worth the $12.

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

Can't go wrong with that price at all.:D