free website stats program Headlight Buzzes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight Buzzes

I found this same problem on my 06 Low Rider. This may sound tacky to some, but I opend the headlight and then found some small washers that would start to go between the bracket and the headlight itself, since it was loose. I then used a screwdriver and taped them in place between the headlight and the bracket, which re-tightened (sort of) the rivets. This cured my problem and about 5000 miles later still working OK.

Thanks all.
This solves my mystery buzz at the front of my 2006 Street Bob. I only hear it when I'm coming to a stop and the bike runs through a certain rpm. I likely don't hear it at speed because of my loud pipes and wind noise in my ears.
If you would like to see if the headlight is the cause of your buzz. At night just cycle your bike through the rpm's at a standstill in neutral. If you hear the buzz at the exact time your light on the road shutters.... that's your problem.

Has anyone found a cure for this. I like the looks and light from my stock headlight, however it is starting to vibrate so much that it also affects the beam thrown and could be distracting to oncoming traffic.

Thanks all.
This solves my mystery buzz at the front of my 2006 Street Bob. I only hear it when I'm coming to a stop and the bike runs through a certain rpm. I likely don't hear it at speed because of my loud pipes and wind noise in my ears.
If you would like to see if the headlight is the cause of your buzz. At night just cycle your bike through the rpm's at a standstill in neutral. If you hear the buzz at the exact time your light on the road shutters.... that's your problem.

Has anyone found a cure for this. I like the looks and light from my stock headlight, however it is starting to vibrate so much that it also affects the beam thrown and could be distracting to oncoming traffic.

The only cure is replacing that headlight bucket. If it's out of warranty you may try re-riveting the mounting bracket back on, or try silicone bolts instead of rivets. I would guess that a safety issue like this may be handled beyond warranty. Check with your dealer before trying to do it yourself.

Back