free website stats program Headlamp seems Dim.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlamp seems Dim..

cowjammer

I ride a 1989 E.G.C. and the headlight seems way to dim. At 75 I am way over riding it. I was told that with the old system that was the case. Do I need to replace the whole charging system or is there an Easier Quicker fix ?

C.J. if you look into and identify the headlight type being used, they may have a modern replacement that sheds a more white light, or you may buy a new shell and fit a newer tech halogen bulbs...like the H4 Osram 80W/100W that is only about $14...a real deal, and something worth looking into. Use the Search Tab to find the thread...and replacement may be simply just the bulb if it is an H4.

I to use to over ride my lights, on my road glide,i removed the clear lens cover on the front so the glass to the lights are exposed,installed a 09 SE bezel around the glass,and found a set of 90wt-100wt yellow H4 bulbs, besides being a lot brighter, the bugs are not as bad at night," bug lights" :)

C.J. if you look into and identify the headlight type being used, they may have a modern replacement that sheds a more white light, or you may buy a new shell and fit a newer tech halogen bulbs...like the H4 Osram 80W/100W that is only about $14...a real deal, and something worth looking into. Use the Search Tab to find the thread...and replacement may be simply just the bulb if it is an H4.

I'll give that a shot. If I used the search more often I wouldnt have to type,
which is one thing this old grave digger cannot do...That and spell !

Back