Headlamp seems Dim..

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by cowjammer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. cowjammer

cowjammer Active Member

I ride a 1989 E.G.C. and the headlight seems way to dim. At 75 I am way over riding it. I was told that with the old system that was the case. Do I need to replace the whole charging system or is there an Easier Quicker fix ?

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

C.J. if you look into and identify the headlight type being used, they may have a modern replacement that sheds a more white light, or you may buy a new shell and fit a newer tech halogen bulbs...like the H4 Osram 80W/100W that is only about $14...a real deal, and something worth looking into. Use the Search Tab to find the thread...and replacement may be simply just the bulb if it is an H4.

3. wilsylb2009

wilsylb2009 Member

I to use to over ride my lights, on my road glide,i removed the clear lens cover on the front so the glass to the lights are exposed,installed a 09 SE bezel around the glass,and found a set of 90wt-100wt yellow H4 bulbs, besides being a lot brighter, the bugs are not as bad at night," bug lights" :)

4. cowjammer

cowjammer Active Member

I'll give that a shot. If I used the search more often I wouldnt have to type,
    which is one thing this old grave digger cannot do...That and spell !