free website stats program Heading to Sturgis ... What to pack for parts/etc? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heading to Sturgis ... What to pack for parts/etc?

Heading for a 2000 mile track to Sturgis from the east coast totaling 5000 miles round trip.

I have a 2011 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Beside clothes, leathers, rain gear and spare helmet what should I bring for spare parts for quick fixes on the road should I have a problem.

I just had tires, wheel bearings, brakes and routine service done.

My list of what I have is as followed please add your thoughts....this is my first cross country trip...I have racked 14,000 miles since 2011 but never cross country. I am looking for imput from you iron butt guys and gals

Parts I have

Spare bulbs ( one for each essential light)
Mushroom plug kit w/air compressor
1qt oil
Spare plugs
Zip ties
Short run of electrical wire
Butt connectors
Air shock pump
Electrical tape
Simple tool kit
Air hawk seat cushion

Should I pick-up blade fuses and a Main/Maxi fuse?
What else?

Mike

You know you're gonna end up needing whatever you don't have, and have whatever you don't need, right??? :D
Your bike is still fairly new and should be in great shape for a 5K trip. Enjoy the ride, don't worry about breaking down, and stay out of jail in Sturgis. Bring lots of cash too. You're gonna need it :p
Be safe and have fun.

Thanks...I do have extended Warrentees on everything.
This biggest thing is just a quick on the road repair. There are 4 of us heading out July 30-Aug 15. Haven't been since 2003 so we are excited.

Spare fuses might be a good idea, your list looks good to me:s Sun Block most important

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have a pretty good starter kit going. Maybe a bottle of octane boost, on my trips I found some gas stations are lacking in higher octane gas.

1. Definitely some spare fuses
2. Small flashlight in case roadside repairs occur in the dark
3. HOG card or equivalent in case you need a tow
4. Spare sunglasses

Your free roadside assistance card that comes with your insurance. What? You dont get that? The AAA card.

Back