free website stats program Heading for Tail of The Dragon | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heading for Tail of The Dragon

Thanks for sharing. I have done that ride mid summer and in the fall. I prefer it much better in the fall.

I am sure you made memories that will last a lifetime.... Thanks for sharing...

Loved all those pics Tourbox! Looks like y'all had a great time. You really know how to use a camera! We are fortunate to have the Trace in our back yard, so to speak. It's a good ride, especially later in the day during the summer because you can take advantage of some shade. There are quite a few good rest areas as well. The Dragon pics and Cherokee pics brought back memories of our trip there last summer. Glad y'all are home safe. You still grinnin'?

tourbox,

Those are really nice pictures, thank you for posting. My wife and I have been to the Smokey Mountains a lot, we usually stay up in Gatlinburg by the park entrance, we were reading about Maggie Valley and looks like we may stay there on the next trip. It looks beautiful any suggestions?

We stayed at the Microtel there. Clean and about $70 a nite for 2 people/2 beds.It's located on the main drag.Restaurants and shops close. There were several other olaces also, just don't recall.
tourbox

Sorry about that. I'm the one on the far right in pic 2 with the blue shirt on.
tourbox
I like to put a face with a name Tourbox. Pretty sure I'm not alone. Thanks for the pics and info and a big thanks for all the help/knowledge you donate. Ride safe

We stayed at the Microtel there. Clean and about $70 a nite for 2 people/2 beds.It's located on the main drag.Restaurants and shops close. There were several other olaces also, just don't recall.
tourbox

Thanks tourbox, we were discussing about going up in October.

Was in NC early last week, a section of the blue Ridge Parkway was closed just South of Mount Mitchell, have to leave the Parkway and take a detour through the valley. Ranger told us it may be closed for a while, big crack in the pavement and unstable roadbed below the crack. Check before you head out on a trip.

Back