free website stats program Headers | Harley Davidson Forums

Headers

stugotts

Looking for any feedback regarding the wifes 2001 XL1200C. I got a good deal on some slip-ons this week, was having some problems finding full pipes that she liked. Anyway, now I'm thinking of removing the crossover pipe because it's kinda ugly. Short of finding some used headers or altering some drag pipes to fit I'm considering cutting it out, capping/welding the holes shut and replacing the heat shields to cover the welds. Has anyone ever done this? Maybe someone has some used header pipes for sale?

The crossover pipe serves a purpose other than looking ugly. It balances out the exhaust and it will not run as good if you cut it out and cap it.

im not sure if this will work or not. but,.., maybe try t0 convert to the newer sporty exhaust were the cross over is hidden behind the muffs. theres alot of people who toss the stock set up when they get a new aftermarket exhaust.
matter of fact there was some nightster parts for sale in the "BUY,SELL,TRADE" forum.
this is the same exhaust im running only with s/e2 slipons.
:guitar

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Yea, the more I think about the more I realize it's not a good idea to cut it out. Two cylinders/two individual pipes would probably sound like a gatlin gun.

Back