free website stats program Head Lamp | Harley Davidson Forums

Head Lamp

I have a 2003 Road King Classic, My headlight does not always come on, when my ignition is first turned on my blue high beam indicator come on and no headlight, but my two Signal Lights (Sometimes referred to as Highway Lights) come on. sometimes it will correct itself snd sometimes by flipping my light switch and down will correct it (could just be coincidence).....Help!!!! :wall

I was a bit nervous taking apart the nacelle, but it was not as bad as the instructions seemed to imply. I have a Tach on top as well but it all came apart nice and went back better as I had a little rattle that I was able to eliminate. Once in there you can test away, or it might even be a loose plug.

Only way to tell is to COVER THE FENDER, remove the trim ring and remove the headlight. Inspect the headlight plug and wiring for damage. If no damage is evident, use a test light or multimeter and measure for voltage while turned on. Try to reproduce the issue. If you can then move on to the switch. Take the switch cover apart and clean it with some contact cleaner or the like. Work the switch vigorously and spray it clean.
Let us know how you make out.

IDK if I'd wait on this one...headlight is a pretty important thing to have working 100% of the time...especially w/night riding during these shorter days.

The all,
Nearing the end of riding season, so I may put it on the back burner till I put her away.:bigsmiley12:
It is 3 wires: Black(ground) Yellow (low Beam) and White (high Beam). I have a 77 Sportster and it's headlight is wired Black yellow and white. If you don't have a manual/wiring diagram. I think mine will work for this problem. Wireing issues are worrysome and not generally going to get better.

Back