free website stats program Head breather question | Harley Davidson Forums

Head breather question

Hello Newbie here. I recently swapped out a 1991 Evocrankcase breather motor for a 1993 Evo head breather in my FXST. The carb support brackets from the 91 Evo aren't compatible now. I looked at a Ness Big Sucker for 1993and up but was wondering if anyone might have a less expensive solution to this? Thanks cscooter93

the airbox from any 93 and up carbed 1340 evo should fit but you'd also need the hollow breather bolts that go into the head
you could look on ebay for used parts
there are also some aftermarket devices to bypass the crankcase air going into the air filter one of those may be your answer

Brian

Welcome to the forum, someone else might be able to help you, maybe a take of or something. I don't know any way around it, but the big sucker is a good air filter and I would not want to go for a lesser solution myself.

Hey chopper Like your sig line, I take it your a shooter too. Funny thing about the breather head. I went and looked in my spare parts bin tonight and lo and behold found a pretty much complete breather for a head breather Evo. I been trying to sell it at swap meets for 2 years. Forgot I had it! Problem solved for the moment. I'd like to look in to the Big Sucker later though.

Hey chopper Like your sig line, I take it your a shooter too. Funny thing about the breather head. I went and looked in my spare parts bin tonight and lo and behold found a pretty much complete breather for a head breather Evo. I been trying to sell it at swap meets for 2 years. Forgot I had it! Problem solved for the moment. I'd like to look in to the Big Sucker later though.
There was a reason it didn't sell, that's great!

Its always handy to keep the spare parts just in case you need them sometime
congratulations on getting that one sorted

Brian

Back