free website stats program HDTimeline.com Server not found?. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HDTimeline.com Server not found?.

There was no different between the IE and FF when it happened, I did switching them around just for the fun of it but stills displayed "404 message". Didn't happen for last two days but I think I"ve found out why my screen is jumping up/down once in awhile now, there's an ad box on top right conner, right below the search window,these ads are "Auburn Leather", "No More fried thighs", "Biker Jewelry" and George's Garage. If one of them for some reason that does not display graphic, words only for instance, the "No More Fried Thighs" with nice graphic designed wasn't displayed but instead of the "V Twin Heat Deflectors & Bike's shade" words was, my screen will "shrink" then 4-5 seconds later, the next ads with graphic displayed, my screen "expand" and it's going thru it cycle. It happened to all of them, one at a time though.

What is your operating system...if Windows...VISTA is terrible, and only maps out 3GB of memory before scrolling out to the hard drive for memory cache. And don't even ask about need for video memory...refreshes are "painfully" slow if you use Microsoft to manage web plug-ins, MSN web management "helpers" are the worst! :shock Do you like all those pretty graphics (like preview when cursor scrolls over your open tabs in the task bar) your poor PC is struggling. Add to that if you use tabs and Explorer 8 you will experience lock-ups...a lot!

Windows 7 has new feature which maps out to full 8GB (in two sticks) and if you have a 4GB or greater SD memory stick, and a vacant slot on your PC or laptop, you can have that memory extended if you right click on the properties, it is also compatible with IE 9.0 which add up to be huge! :s

Last edited:
Well Vista is it, I'm sure the problem is on my end but what puzzled me was it's only happen on this site.

Part of the deal is the HDTimeline site in my experience has some nice features...one of them is to remember what threads you have seen, and tagging them if you refresh your new threads page. Also it allows you to preview and use very nice graphics to make interesting threads look and feel better with practice. All this comes at a price in that your PC works a bit harder to utilize those graphics and features which you guessed it uses memory. Also, if you are using Microsoft to manage your plug ins and helpers "automatically" their management routines are real memory hogs...so you may want to look at what they are "providing" you and turn off some of the ones you do not use, such as their "Social networking helper tools":s

404 error messages are typically shown when the page you are requesting is not found or not available. I suspect you are trying to hit this forum with a stored address in your Favorites. Try this; instead of using the Favorites address, do a Google search for this forum and then try that result. My guess is that something has changed and you are actually using a link from your Favorites which is no longer accurate. Just like our Harleys, only more so, things happen and things change with computers. Often times we can't explain how or why they happen, they just do.

Well... I've tried all I can think of including google the site to no available, it happened again this morning, I tried to type in on my browser, I tried to refreshed, I tried to switched over the IE but still no luck and as of I type, my screen is jumping up/down right at this moment. This time there is no graphics of Auburn Leather ads, only words. I give up, case closed.

One other thing is the Internet Provider may be limiting traffic or IP address or link is dated so your Internet Explorer cannot find us. Also close all tabs except the one you are using...I was having problems with IE 8.0 when I had multiple tabs open...go figure!

Well... hate to bring this one back but since the Boss is back and he has helps me before. Glider, help please.

ps.. Glider, email send.....Posting this using different computer.

I had the same problem for awhile. This fixed mine. While logged off from HDT, I opened Firefox and Iexplorer at separate times and deleted all cookies and temporary files. Then closed them both.

Then logged back on to HDT, (make sure you check 'remember pswd') since HDT doesn't function quite the same in some areas if you don't check that.

On a side note, I would NOT check remember pswds on you Bank (or any important site) log in. Becuase even though the pswds are encrypted, the windows encryption algorithym is known. So if a virus can access you machine long enough to download the encypted pswd file, he can take his time with many pswd breaking programs that literally try ever combination given enough time.

Thanks RWB. already tried that and it's makes no different.

To be honest, I think it has something to do with the ads on top right corner, right below the search box but, I'm not so sure though.

Back